Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Re: Romney/ Ryan 2012 on 11/01/2012 21:01:47 MDT Print View

Michael is very close to voting for Obama

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re:Cliff Notes version on 11/01/2012 21:08:02 MDT Print View

Thanks for the update Jerry.

@Michael. I've read just enough of your posts to see that I'm not the only one who just goes ballistic here from time to time.

National politics is not an interest for me, so I did not read much here. Go ahead and insult me some more if you wish.

America is wonderful for the fact that a discussion like this can take place. And for letting my parents emigrate from a country that a few years earlier was a hated enemy.

I'm liberal in many things and very conservative on other if you really want to know where I stand.

I'm pro change for the better for the masses.

Now back to regular scheduled rants and raves...

Edited by kthompson on 11/01/2012 21:24:06 MDT.

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Locale: The Palouse
Re: Re:Cliff Notes version on 11/01/2012 21:45:45 MDT Print View

Jerry

So we are canceling each other out? Because I'm pretty sure I have you about ready to flip to Romney.

Ken

I just enjoy chaff. What can I say. I get bored and like to have fun.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: Re: Re:Cliff Notes version on 11/02/2012 09:49:08 MDT Print View

"I just enjoy chaff. What can I say. I get bored and like to have fun."

If this thread is representative of how people talk to each other when they're having "fun"...

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re:Cliff Notes version on 11/02/2012 10:56:07 MDT Print View

"If this thread is representative of how people talk to each other when they're having "fun"..."

I think people have been fairly civil to each other

Given that it's such a contentious subject

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Locale: The Palouse
Discourse on 11/02/2012 11:08:10 MDT Print View

It's a lively discussion on politics in chaff. This one has been downright congenial. Especially compared carbon flame and others.

See how dans treating rog, or any BG comment when somebody misnames a peak in the Sierra Nevada, or when somebody says Sierra nevadaS...

:)

David Adair
(DavidAdair) - M

Locale: West Dakota
oh, we can stoop lower...much lower... on 11/02/2012 12:20:21 MDT Print View

Saturday Saturday SaturdaySaturday Saturday SaturdaySaturday Saturday Saturday Saturday Saturday Saturday Saturday Saturday Saturday Saturday SaturdaySaturday Saturday Saturday SaturdaySaturday Saturday...

Release the Brainworm!:)

Edited by DavidAdair on 11/02/2012 12:34:34 MDT.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Oh, we can stoop lower...much lower... on 11/02/2012 12:27:54 MDT Print View

I always thought "fun" talk involved sex and/or drunken escapades....

I guess I haven't fully adjusted to Grown Up ideas about "Fun" yet.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Oh, we can stoop lower...much lower... on 11/02/2012 12:42:30 MDT Print View

You can combine drunkeness with talking politics - can be entertaining - some people say don't do this

David Adair
(DavidAdair) - M

Romney/Ryan 2012 on 11/02/2012 17:53:23 MDT Print View

All the worlds ills have been resolved many times over while consuming alcohol around a campfire. Of course the problem is recalling those brilliant solutions come morning. Fortunately, it will all be over soon. All that remains until then is to convince Jerry to do the right thing and come on over to the sunny side.

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
Obama/Biden on 11/02/2012 18:50:05 MDT Print View

The Sunny Side of things.

David Adair
(DavidAdair) - M

Re: Obama/Biden on 11/02/2012 19:10:04 MDT Print View

"The Sunny Side of things."

Jay- I'm afraid that's not the sunny side you're feeling, only the constant, warm breeze of empty words blowing up yer kilt.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Re: Obama/Biden on 11/02/2012 19:20:55 MDT Print View

"I'm afraid that's not the sunny side you're feeling, only the constant, warm breeze of empty words blowing up yer kilt."

It truly amuses me that either 'side' thinks it's only the other 'side' that's full of empty promises/empty words.

David Adair
(DavidAdair) - M

Re: Re: Re: Obama/Biden on 11/02/2012 19:32:47 MDT Print View

"It truly amuses me that either 'side' thinks it's only the other 'side' that's full of empty promises/empty words."

Well I have seen the appointment of two supreme court justices that consider themselves wiser than the old white guys that framed our constitution. I don't relish the outcomes resulting from another couple such appointments.

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
Obama/Biden on 11/02/2012 19:38:23 MDT Print View

What about climate change and your warm water and the mid west drought? I think we have already passed the threshold or crossed that line. More storms are on the way and drought.

David Adair
(DavidAdair) - M

Re: Obama/Biden on 11/02/2012 21:02:53 MDT Print View

>What about climate change and your warm water and the mid west drought? I think we have already passed the threshold or crossed that line. More storms are on the way and drought.<

Sometimes we forget about the great amount of progress in environmental protection this country has made in the past 40 years. Which we all should feel proud of. Companies don't even complain much about having to do the right thing, as long as the playing field is kept level. It's just a part of doing business.

We also should keep in mind that environmental protections cost money. Without, it just doesn't happen. That requires an efficient business environment and an efficient government. Global warming may be real, but it certainly requires a greater understanding before getting too rash. Trashing our economy could have a much worse impact on people and the immediate environment than global warming.
In any case, a solution probably won't be cheap and we need a healthy economy to make it happen. So, no, I do not feel the current administration offers any advantage for the environmentalist, just the opposite. That's my 2 cents.

Edited by DavidAdair on 11/02/2012 21:57:52 MDT.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Obama/Biden on 11/02/2012 21:20:08 MDT Print View

Hurricanes in 1938 and 1944 were similar to the recent Sandy

You can't claim this is due to increased CO2 levels

It'll be 100 years before we really see what the effect of increased CO2 levels is

Rick Dreher
(halfturbo) - MLife

Locale: Northernish California
Obama/Biden on 11/02/2012 22:20:16 MDT Print View

If, by "100 years" you mean 20 years ago, then yes.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Romney/ Ryan 2012 on 11/06/2012 21:53:38 MST Print View

Hey, where's Michael?

Sure got quiet over here.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Romney/ Ryan 2012 on 11/06/2012 22:06:38 MST Print View

Exit polls amongst undecided and independent voters cite pro-Obama arguments on the BPL forums as the deciding factor in the victory.

Gentlemen, if I have ever doubted, I apologize.