Forum Index » Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012

Display Avatars Sort By:
Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Locale: The Palouse
Re: Re: Jerry on 11/01/2012 00:15:15 MDT Print View

Oh Jerry. Even the White House has dropped the lie that the video caused the attack. They dropped it a month ago. It was an orchestrated and sophisticated terrorist attack.

If you are that far behind use google. Not only did Obama know the truth he let his people lie about it after the fact.

I'm going to walk away shaking my head in disbelief.

Edited by mpl_35 on 11/01/2012 00:19:38 MDT.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Re: Re: Jerry on 11/01/2012 00:21:36 MDT Print View

What I understand is that a local militia got arms that use to be Kadafi's. They were p...ed off about the video. They did an orchestrated and sophisticated terrorist attack.

So, you are just like Trump - making a grand claim that there's a conpiracy engineered by Obama, but just walking away without giving any details

What's the deal? Trump thinks that his escapade will result in some people actually believing that Obama was born in Kenya even though he never had any evidence? It was just a publicity stunt?

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Wow Jerry on 11/01/2012 00:27:12 MDT Print View

The wars were winding down. I fail to see why you want to give all this credit to Obama. Well actually I know why you do. But come on. Wake up. Withdrawal was inevitable and a matter of time. I don't care who was president we were going to get out.

It's the same as the housing bubble or dot com bubble. Certain event s were going to occur no matter who was at the helm.

You are blinded by your loyalty. It would be amusing if it wasn't so annoying.

Obama has had numerous issues. Bowing when he shouldn't. Etc. also I don't count endorsements by Castro Putin and Chavez as good things,

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jerry on 11/01/2012 00:38:13 MDT Print View

Jerry forget trump. He likes the media.

You apparently know NOTHING about the attacks in Libya. So go do some research. Even Obama has backtracked off his claim of YouTube video violence. It had nothing to do with the video. They planned and carried out an attack on 9/11 anniversary. There were no innocent riled up crowds. It was a coordinated attack.

Do you want me to provide you all the links because msnbc didn't tell you the truth? Your first post was so off base it isn't worth my time to discuss some of the more serious allegations until you catchup.

Libya pres 9/16

"Megarif says that over the past few months, foreigners took advantage of the security vacuum and flowed into the country from Mali and Algeria. I ask if this attack was over an anti-Muslim film that sparked violent protests across the Muslim world. He shakes his head.

"The idea that this criminal and cowardly act was a spontaneous protest that just spun out of control is completely unfounded and preposterous," he says. "We firmly believe that this was a precalculated, preplanned attack that was carried out specifically to attack the U.S. Consulate."

Meanwhile Obama is having his boys spread YouTube lies. Working as evidenced by e fact you don't know jack about it. Obama reportedly knew the truth at the time of the attack or very shortly thereafter. He covered it up.

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jerry on 11/01/2012 00:54:45 MDT Print View

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_the_U.S._diplomatic_mission_in_Benghazi

Simple site for a good summary Jerry.

R K
(oiboyroi) - M

Locale: South West US
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jerry on 11/01/2012 01:50:00 MDT Print View

How can you be so sure? The official investigation has not been released. You're just speculating like everyone else. Either way, Obama did the right thing and did not jump to any conclusions, thankfully. We don't need another Patriot Act or another invasion for this unfortunate event. Obama promised to go after those responsible; that IMO is the right thing to do.

P.S. - There's a reason college students aren't allowed to reference wiki articles. Can you guess what that reason is? Nice try though.

Edited by oiboyroi on 11/01/2012 01:52:55 MDT.

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jerry on 11/01/2012 02:08:13 MDT Print View

Weak attempt at diversion rk. I told Jerry to do his own research since he was oblivious to what I was talking about and was repeating lies that everybody had dismissed. You want to wait until the official investigation is done.... Sometime after the election I'm sure?

All Obama did was jump to conclusions. That or knowingly lie. Blaming an attack on 9/11 on a video and a random mob that killed us citizens in multiple locations.

And I'm not jumping to anything myself. I posted on what was known now. As well as started with "if" the details emerging are true, when discussing the more recent revelations.

The wiki was the last thing I posted and provided as a summary. Not the end all be all. Even the college student you referenced knows how to use wiki. You go and find the sources they relied on and use those to inform yourself. But to blithely dismiss info just because you found it on wik is not too smart. I take it you use msnbc too?

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jerry on 11/01/2012 02:09:47 MDT Print View

Ps rk. Nobody mentioned anything about patriot act or war. Cute though. I think most people would hsve settled for the truth.

R K
(oiboyroi) - M

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jerry on 11/01/2012 03:06:50 MDT Print View

'Weak attempt at diversion rk."

No diverson attempt here. You're speculating based on a hodgepodge of heresay. I just called you on it.

"Sometime after the election I'm sure?"

Certainly, but many murder investigations take years. I'd rather the time be taken to make sure the right people are held responsible.

All Obama did was jump to conclusions. That or knowingly lie.

Maybe, again speculation. I'm sure the president has to rely on the information given to him by those working under him. In fact, the fine print in your wiki article even says that was the cause. :)

And I'm not jumping to anything myself.

Okay, but seems like you are. My mistake.

But to blithely dismiss info just because you found it on wik is not too smart.

Fair enough. Just checking.

I take it you use msnbc too?

Among others. BBC is my favorite. Fox is my least favorite.

Nobody mentioned anything about patriot act or war. Cute though. I think most people would hsve settled for the truth.

Ah, the truth is still under investigation. That's my point. Cute? Weirdo. :)

Edited by oiboyroi on 11/01/2012 03:10:55 MDT.

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Romney/Ryan 2012 on 11/01/2012 06:15:29 MDT Print View

Few more days. Hope Michael doesn't have a stroke before he finds out who won.

This thread is like the government in miniature. All talk and no resolutions.

At least you all are having fun.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Jerry on 11/01/2012 07:44:38 MDT Print View

I think you should look into birth certificate scandal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_citizenship_conspiracy_theories

And is that really Trump's hair? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Comb_over

Yeah, the election should be over soon. I don't know what we'll do for entertainment then.

Sorry Michael, I'm just in the manic phase because Obama has has a consistent lead in Ohio by 5% and he's leading early voting, and if you count electoral votes and if Obama wins Ohio, "they" say there's no way Romney can win

But, I couldn't believe that B level actor Reagan won over Carter so maybe I'm wrong. Then I'll be in the depressive phase and you won't hear from me for a while : )

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Re: Re: Romney/Ryan 2012 on 11/01/2012 08:00:31 MDT Print View

Rk do you have a reading comprehension problem?

The only things I'm claiming Obama or his own spokesmen have admitted now. Everything else I said "if" it was true. I guess maybe you ought to take done of those college courses. Just avoid wiki.

Ken,

Feel the need to rush to your left coast buddies defense? Trust me I care about politics for my country's sake. I'll be ok either way.

Jerry it is still a toss up. I know people that are convinced either guy will win. I just hope you don't get what you'll wish for. In the end we will all pay the price.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Jerry on 11/01/2012 08:10:43 MDT Print View

When you say "But you'll never believe your boy could be such a criminal."

Is that a racist statement? Calling Obama "boy"?

Based on what else you've said, I don't think so

But, given the history of horrible treatment of black people including calling them "boy", I don't think us white people should use that word to describe a black person.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Romney/Ryan 2012 on 11/01/2012 08:27:53 MDT Print View

Okay, Michael, I read the wikipedia link

Still, I don't get what the big deal is

In the couple weeks after, the Obama administration talked about the video as being a factor. That seems totally reasonable to me. There were other demonstrations in that area of the world that were inspired by the video.

In the couple weeks after an incident you expect the story to change as new evidence comes in. "The fog of war".

There's talk that they requested more security ahead of time but were denied, but the wikipedia article didn't mention that. The State Department is a big bureaucracy with many requests, many of them getting lost. Hard to be critical of Obama for that. They immediately re-evaluated security all over the world which was good.

The wikipedia article said that McCain was critical because Obama didn't mention Al Qeada which would be inconsistent with Obama's claim that they've dessimated Al Qaeda. Of course, any terrorist in the middle East will claim they're associated with Al Qaeda. Oh - that's another example of Obama's foreign policy experience - he's dessimated Al Qaeda.

The Republicans used the words "What did the president know? When did he know it?" - ha ha ha - that's the words they used against Nixon - that's what you say when you're "investigating" someone in an attempt to hurt them politically.

R K
(oiboyroi) - M

Re: Re: Re: Romney/Ryan 2012 on 11/01/2012 08:43:48 MDT Print View

Rk do you have a reading comprehension problem?

Nice. Finally got me back after all this time. Good memory.

I guess maybe you ought to take done of those college courses. Just avoid wiki.

Ha! Something about people who like to give advice, can't take their own. Pro-tip: Google Scholar will save you time.

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Jerry on 11/01/2012 10:16:23 MDT Print View

Not racist. Jerry. Your dog in the fight preferable or is that insulting?

Rk

I refuse to do all the work for Jerry to catch him up. There is nothing wrong with a wiki summary especially if you check the sources.

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Romney/Ryan 2012 on 11/01/2012 18:31:19 MDT Print View

"Feel the need to rush to your left coast buddies defense? Trust me I care about politics for my country's sake. I'll be ok either way."
I'm from NJ. They don't need my help, look how agitated you are. How was my statement a defense for the "left coast buddies" anywho? Don't bother answering. I'll just skip over it anyway.
Just popped in to jerk the chain.
Mission Accomplished

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Romney/Ryan 2012 on 11/01/2012 19:15:40 MDT Print View

Oh, Ken you sly old dog. Trying to play the where your from card? Cute but a no go. You are living on the west coast and have been for a good while...you hang with the leftish faction that is here on BPL. So I'd say rushing to the left coast buddies is quite accurate.

Mission accomplished? Don't flatter yourself. I don't think anybody is taking this too seriously. So if you want to try to pretend you weren't seriously trying to help out your buddies and got slapped down instead, go ahead. I pretend to believe you.

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
Romney/ Ryan 2012 on 11/01/2012 20:02:01 MDT Print View

Ken Thompson you are the man, MAN! Never stop stirring that pot.

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: Romney/ Ryan 2012 on 11/01/2012 20:53:16 MDT Print View

Hey Jay!

I don't even know what this thread is about anymore. I just see a post by Jerry, Michael, Michael, Jerry, etc...
Clogging up the works. What political issues are you going to fix on a backpacking site anyway?
This thread seems to be filling in for the Carbon Flame War for now.
That's not going to fix climate change either.