Forum Index » Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012

Display Avatars Sort By:
Fred Thorp
(BFThorp) - F
Reagan repairs on 09/24/2012 11:57:56 MDT Print View

"What exactly did Reagan repair? He tripled the national debt."

Really? Who holds the checkbook and who had it then? Talk to some military guys that were in during the late seventies and it might give you a clue. I know some pretty hard core democrats that welcomed Reagan with open arms after enduring the guy before him.

Like my wife says, "why go to the trouble of learning any history? They say it's just gonna repeat itself anyway."

Can't argue with that kind of logic.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Reagan repairs on 09/26/2012 16:24:47 MDT Print View

I was just worried "Stench" would burn out before the Republican Convention and they'de nominate Jeb Bush or Christy or someone else

David Adair
(DavidAdair) - M

Locale: West Dakota
Romney on 09/26/2012 19:13:09 MDT Print View

Jerry- please consider the possibility that Romney is a nice man who is reasonably well qualified and interested in serving his country on behalf of his own family and the people of this country. Yes, in these days late night talk shows and 24 hour "news" it's going to be hard to grasp.

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
romney. on 09/26/2012 19:15:08 MDT Print View

well, perhaps the 53% of the country that aren't freeloaders.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Romney on 09/26/2012 20:46:56 MDT Print View

David - it's hard to know much about Romney. It seems like he'll do or say anything to get elected. He'll be liberal or far right. I wonder what a president Romney would be like.

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Locale: The Palouse
Re: Re: Romney on 10/03/2012 21:40:45 MDT Print View

Romney wins debate round 1.

R K
(oiboyroi) - M

Locale: South West US
Re: Re: Re: Romney on 10/03/2012 21:46:15 MDT Print View

I don't think so but that's what they're saying on Fox news. Why wasn't Gary Johnson there?

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Romney on 10/03/2012 21:56:34 MDT Print View

That's what they are saying everywhere. CNN poll of likely voters who watched.

Romney -- 67%
Obama -- 24%

And that's after 59% thought Obama would go better

Can claim CNN is right of center.

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Debate. on 10/03/2012 22:00:07 MDT Print View

CBS poll of undecided voters: 46% Romney, 22% BO, rest tie.

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Re: Debate. on 10/03/2012 22:03:02 MDT Print View

Another view from the left: Mathews was flipping out over Obama getting stomped.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/10/03/chris-matthews-obama-debate_n_1937950.html?utm_hp_ref=media

R K
(oiboyroi) - M

Locale: South West US
Re: Re: Debate. on 10/03/2012 22:21:30 MDT Print View

Point Conceded. I agree Mr. Romney did very well. I still dont agree with his policies though, no matter how well delivered they were.

Robert Perkins
(rp3957) - M

Locale: The Sierras
Romney/Obama on 10/03/2012 22:28:40 MDT Print View

Obama without a TelePrompTer= him looking like the bumbler that the media chooses to ignore! I also ran a timer for each response, and on average, Obama went over his 2 minute limit anywhere from 32 secs to 1:35 secs, mostly without being shut down by the moderator. He was repeating the same pablum he gets away with on shows like The View where he can repeat his lies without getting challenged.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Romney/Obama on 10/04/2012 00:01:56 MDT Print View

I'm afraid you're right, Romney looked better. Romney has had a lot of experience in recent times with debates.

I wonder if it will change anyone's mind. Interesting to see polls in the next few days.

Obama missed too many opportunities, like he should have pointed out the $716 billion is the amount health providers agreed they saved because they will have fewer un-insured people because of Obama-care - not money being taken from medicare people. He should have used the term "Romney-care".

Or that Romney changed his opinion on many issues so you don't really know what if anything he beleives - "etch-a-sketch"

Interesting that you sniveling cowards wouldn't speak up when Romney was crashing and burning a few days ago but now you're gloating because you think he has a chance.

I just hope you're wrong

Just trying to make joke calling you "sniveling cowards" : )

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Hmm on 10/04/2012 00:20:28 MDT Print View

Don't really get the humor.

And considering the fact that a debate just happened I'd say it is an appropriate time to discuss.

Edited by mpl_35 on 10/04/2012 00:24:14 MDT.

Brad Fisher
(wufpackfn)

Locale: NC/TN/VA Mountains
Re: Hmm on 10/04/2012 06:48:36 MDT Print View

I watched the movie "Grown Ups" instead of the debate. It was a lot more entertaining and I didn't have to listen to a couple of liars spew more political rhetoric.

Brad

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Re: Hmm on 10/04/2012 06:55:00 MDT Print View

"I watched the movie "Grown Ups" instead of the debate. It was a lot more entertaining and I didn't have to listen to a couple of liars spew more political rhetoric. "

How true! I watched the Orioles/TB game. I didn't need a poll to tell me who won. Much easier.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Hmm on 10/04/2012 06:57:20 MDT Print View

No broadcast TV in this house. The Redwood Curtain is closed. No bla, bla... Just fix something.

Robert Perkins
(rp3957) - M

Locale: The Sierras
Romney/Ryan on 10/04/2012 07:18:15 MDT Print View

It's not gloating, it is merely pointing out what is painfully obvious to those of us that don't get our news from PMSNBC, CNN, or the Huffington Post, that without a TelePrompTer, this guy is as big of a bumbler as Bush ever was. He gets a free 'pass' because he is a supposed 'hip' Democrat, so none of his policies that are sending us to economic ruin matter. When you got a station with the likes of Al Sharpton, and Mr. 'I have a thrill running up my leg whenever Obama speaks' Chris Matthews, you lose all sense of ANY credibility!

Edited by rp3957 on 10/05/2012 07:13:00 MDT.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Hmm on 10/04/2012 07:51:22 MDT Print View

"And considering the fact that a debate just happened I'd say it is an appropriate time to discuss"

There was a lot of traffic on this topic, but it seemed to die down as Romney faded away in polls, but after he comes back a little then there are a bunch of pro-Romney posts.

But whatever...

I'm just p...ed that Romney did better than Obama

But, if you and Romney were honest, you'de admit that the reason Romney doesn't like Obama-care is that it's a democratic party proposal and he thinks it's an issue he can win the presidency over.

Fred Thorp
(BFThorp) - F
Debating on 10/04/2012 08:08:29 MDT Print View

I'm not a big Romney fan but what little I saw, he did look like the knowing adult in the room. I am beginning to feel a little sorry for O. He cited an example of a hospital that was efficient and went on to suggest it should be the model/template for all, GOV'T mandated. Sometimes I think the guy does want things better, he just doesn't have a clue how to go about it. He has no practical experience, never ran a business, never held a "normal" job, and then was handed the most important job in the world and looks a fool. It's kinda hard not to feel a little sorry for the guy.