To Matthew: You asked for reasons as to why I didn't renew. Where here ya go.
1) The articles aren't really that interesting. I really could care less about scientific statistics of this material or that material. Trip reports are trip reports. I walked here, camped there, my cuben fiber mid/diamond/tarp/tarp tent/shelter/poncho was pitched like this and it worked or sucked. As for articles in regard to lighter gear, I'm set with my gear list and am no longer hell bent on trying to find the lightest thing just to get my base weight under a certain weight.
2) Gear reviews are lacking and/or uninteresting. It's the same thing with every pack. Either this could be better or that could be removed.
3) I don't have anything I need/want to sell or buy so I don't need to use the Gear Swap forum.
4) As mentioned before, my gear list, I am set with what I need. Yes, I got a lot of great advice from the forums (which are free anyways), but again, I'm no longer obsessed with my weight. Woop de! You have a 2.1 lb base weight. Awesome. I don't care.
5) In regards to the forums (which are free), I really don't even post there anymore. It's honestly the same questions asked or topics talked about over and over again. Not saying that's a bad thing, but to me it's not interesting.
6) I got absolutely NOTHING from the Members Only forum. Besides reading Ken's call outs to Ryan, it's a pretty much worthless forum. God only knows what you MLife members talk about in the MLife Only forum. I'm sure it's some pretty interesting stuff.
7) Give me one good reason as to why I should give RJ any money. From what I've read, nobody really knows where their money is going.
Now in regards to your very mature statements made in your original post:
1) I didn't say a darn thing about being ripped off. Nowhere. Lay off whatever you're smoking big guy. It's making you see things.
2) What did I expect? Nothing. I bought a membership, there was no benefit of being a member, so I didn't renew.
3) You're darn right I've spent more than $100 on beers. But I sure as hell didn't spend $100 on an MLife membership. But, tonight, I'm going to spend the $20 I saved by not renewing my membership on a few beers. I might even send out a virtual cheers to you! For being awesome! Yes buddy, that's right, cheers to you. Glug glug.
4) Freaky weird zombie follower behavior? WTF?
Sincerely, The retard that started this stupid, idiotic thread.
PS. How is d**n "profanity"?