Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Snow Peak Hotlips with Evernew Pots
Display Avatars Sort By:
Kenneth Jacobs
(f8less) - F

Locale: Midwest
Snow Peak Hotlips with Evernew Pots on 08/07/2012 14:54:33 MDT Print View

Does anyone know and can confirm if and what Evernew pots the Snow Peak Hotlips might fit on, if at all? Was hoping it might fit on the 700ml Pasta Pot (http://www.evernewamerica.com/ECA521.htm). TIA!

Edited by f8less on 08/07/2012 14:58:26 MDT.

Tommy Franzen
(Tomlike) - F

Locale: Pacific Wonderland
worthless on 08/07/2012 16:19:22 MDT Print View

I can't tell you what Evernew pots they fit on, but I can tell you from my limited experience with them that they are worthless. Cheap, flimsy and poorly designed!

Stephen P
(spavlock) - F

Locale: Mid-Atlantic
bring a cup on 08/07/2012 16:25:34 MDT Print View

If your kitchen is pretty light, try to bring along a small styrofoam cup. It may take some careful packing, but they work nice for morning coffee. I can't stand waiting for the pot to cool before drinking coffee!! No experience with the hot lips...sorry.

michael levi
(M.L) - F

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles
. on 08/07/2012 17:21:28 MDT Print View

My Evernew .6L ultralight pot cools down very fast... I can actually bend and dent the titanium with my hand, im not sure if thats a good thing but its very light...

Kenneth Jacobs
(f8less) - F

Hmm... on 08/07/2012 21:01:58 MDT Print View

While I appreciate the noted experience with the hotlips; though my experience has been completely the opposite; I currently own them and was wondering as to their fit on Evernew products. Looking to lighten my load a tiny abount while finding a more accommodating pasta cooking pot (that I can still use as my single layer cup too).

Perhaps my answer should be to pass on Evernew cookware if it's that easily bent/dented...

Edited by f8less on 08/07/2012 21:10:54 MDT.

michael levi
(M.L) - F

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles
. on 08/07/2012 21:07:27 MDT Print View

Not easily, it takes all my strength. I actually indented the bottom in a little bit (with my thumbs) to retain heat better.

Thinner Ti cookware uses less fuel too.

Edited by M.L on 08/07/2012 21:08:05 MDT.

Mark Verber
(verber) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Snow Peak Hotlips with Evernew Pots on 08/08/2012 09:46:42 MDT Print View

Unlike some people on this thread, I have found the hotlips to be useful and effective. As to fitting various size pots... hotlips are silicon, so they will fit on virtually any pot. I just checked and the do fine on my Evernew 1.3 pot (wide bottom) and my daughter's 600ml mug. I normally use it on my MLD 850 mug.

--Mark

Kenneth Jacobs
(f8less) - F

Re: Re: Snow Peak Hotlips with Evernew Pots on 08/08/2012 10:27:10 MDT Print View

Mark

Thanks for the info. Know anyone that has one of the pasta pots...or do any of the pots you mentioned have the same lip roll as on the Evernew Pasta pots? Their lip roll looks very close (if not slightly more flared out) to the SP Trek 700 which my Hotlips work flawlessly on. TIA!

Ken

Nathan Stuart
(forest.)

Locale: Hunter Valley - Australia
Sugru on 08/08/2012 16:23:03 MDT Print View

I made some "hotlips" from Sugru

http://sugru.com/

Custom fit and they work great on my Evernew 1.0ltr pasta pot.

Just spray the area you wish to mould it too with cooking spray so you can get them off once set then following day.

Kathy A Handyside
(earlymusicus) - M

Locale: Southeastern Michigan
Re: Snow Peak Hotlips with Evernew Pots on 08/18/2012 21:17:05 MDT Print View

I have an Evernew 900 ml Pot/Mug (model ECA267) and I also have the Hotlips. I tried the hotlips on the Evernew pot/mug and they fit just fine.