Sizing questions - Exos 58, Rab Pulse, WM Flash, Houdini
Display Avatars Sort By:
d c
(dc) - M
Sizing questions - Exos 58, Rab Pulse, WM Flash, Houdini on 08/05/2012 20:51:47 MDT Print View

Got a few sizing questions before purchase. I'm 6' tall and 170 lbs, and so I often seem to be between a M and L, so thought I would get some info from the group.

Osprey Exos 58 - went to REI to look at the pack, the only local supplier. They told me I'm between a M and L, and they suggested I go with M.

Same question for Rab Pulse, WM Flash puffy, and Patagonia Houdini - no where local to try these on. Would you go M or L?

alan york
(alanyork9) - MLife

Locale: PIEDMONT N.C.
Re: Sizing questions - Exos 58, Rab Pulse, WM Flash, Houdini on 08/05/2012 21:04:55 MDT Print View

I am 6' 175 lbs and the large Exos fit me better.Be sure to try both. I'm sure REI will have a great return policy.I love the pack!

Nathan Stuart
(forest.)

Locale: Hunter Valley - Australia
Large on 08/05/2012 23:20:45 MDT Print View

I'm 5'11", 78kgs and find the large exos fits me better.

Rusty Beaver
(rustyb) - F

Locale: Rocky Mountains
Re: Sizing questions - Exos 58, Rab Pulse, WM Flash, Houdini on 08/06/2012 01:18:57 MDT Print View

At 6' and 150, I wear a L WM Flash, as was recommended by the owner when chatting in person.

Dustin Snyder
(DustinTSnyder)

Locale: Southeast
Re: Sizing questions - Exos 58, Rab Pulse, WM Flash, Houdini on 08/06/2012 11:58:49 MDT Print View

I am 6'3" and 180 and I wear a XL Houdini so I can layer under it easy. I would recommend the L for you.

Clayton Mauritzen
(GlacierRambler) - F - M

Locale: NW Montana
Re: Rab on 08/06/2012 12:07:06 MDT Print View

On the Rab, the bigger question is not what you weigh but what your measurements are for the chest. I had to size up to the XL because of my broad chest/shoulders. I have lots of room in the waist and the sleeves are long. On the plus side, I have room for layers and I can add thumb loops to the jacket.