Grrrrr. GoLite raises prices on previously out of stock items. Boo.
Display Avatars Sort By:
Bill Rose
(BRnPA) - F

Locale: Philly suburbs
Grrrrr. GoLite raises prices on previously out of stock items. Boo. on 08/02/2012 09:40:39 MDT Print View

Just needed to vent: I've been waiting all summer for the 3-season down quilt to be re-stocked, which finally happened this week. But, the $149.99 price is now $199.99, raised just prior to the new stock being offered. Anyone have a 20% or 25% coupon they're not using? :)

Bill Rose
(BRnPA) - F

Maybe Tim's quilts are an option... on 08/02/2012 09:49:11 MDT Print View

I hate to answer my own post but I just saw the link to Tim's quilts at Enlightened Equipment. Need to check them out before I pull the trigger on possibly an inferior quilt at GoLite. :)

M B
(livingontheroad) - M
price on 08/02/2012 09:50:29 MDT Print View

When they dropped prices they sold out of about everything it seemed. I dont think they will sell as much at higher prices. Some things were a great deal, but at higher prices wont be.

Leo Shim
(devourcookies) - F
Only GoLite on 08/02/2012 09:53:01 MDT Print View

Are you set on GoLite sleeping bags?

I work for CampGear.com and we are currently being encouraged to share our personal coupon codes (not advertised).

It's for 30% off. Give me the go ahead and I'll give you the code.

robert v
(mtnbob123) - F

Locale: Upstate South Carolina
Enlightened Equipment Quilt!!!! on 08/02/2012 11:11:35 MDT Print View

I love Golite for some stuff, but the quilt from Tim is far better for a similar price!!!!! Love Mine!!

Justin Baker
(justin_baker) - F

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA
Re: Grrrrr. GoLite raises prices on previously out of stock items. Boo. on 08/02/2012 11:25:58 MDT Print View

Yeah, I wanted to get some clothing but it's been out of stock for a while... now it's in and the price shot up!

Bobby Lee
(rblee) - F
Go wtih Tim - Enlightened on 08/02/2012 13:55:33 MDT Print View

Hey Bill, this should be a no-brainer now, go with Tim! He is around the same price or cheaper and not made in China, higher quality craftsmanship

Justin Tadych
(oshburg) - M

Locale: Midwest
Go wtih Tim - Enlightened on 08/02/2012 14:24:44 MDT Print View

I just ordered my second quilt from Tim. Ordered a zero* back in January. Loved it so much just ordered a 40* overstuffed yesterday. Can't wait for it to arrive!

Tim Drescher
(timdcy) - M

Locale: Gore Range
Re: Grrrrr. GoLite raises prices on previously out of stock items. Boo. on 08/02/2012 14:36:10 MDT Print View

If it were me and I were set on Golite, I'd call and complain ask for their previous price. Kind of redic thing to do when you know people may be waiting on you to re-stock.

That being said, go with the crowd and buy a quilt from Tim.

Edited by timdcy on 08/02/2012 14:37:25 MDT.

Brett Peugh
(bpeugh) - F - M

Locale: Midwest
long view on 08/02/2012 15:35:54 MDT Print View

Wow, Really? I am a very cheap skinflint but it isn't like they raised the price alot. For a long time it was about $300 or so unless you had a coupon. Even with a 40% off coupon mine was still $175ish. It dipped down just this year and they sold out of the ones at $150 very fast and they have been out of them for months on end. Now they have them back with a $50 bump up. Still not that bad for a quilt of that nature. Lowest cost I have seen on one and that includes Tim's unless you are talking about the seconds. Nothing against Tim in the least also, he does make quality stuff. Maybe they had more costs now and were getting rid of older stock then? If you don't like the price I am sure Nunatak or Feathered Friends will sell you one for over $400 if you ask nicely.

Edited by bpeugh on 08/02/2012 15:43:13 MDT.

Bill Rose
(BRnPA) - F

Re: Re: Grrrrr. GoLite raises prices on previously out of stock items. Boo. on 08/02/2012 16:39:54 MDT Print View

Yup, I did that, both called and emailed GoLite. Same answer: Our costs of doing business have gone up and so have our prices. I just looked at Tim's Revelation X. Very nice! Fired off an email to him with some questions. Could have it ordered by the weekend. :)

Edited by BRnPA on 08/02/2012 16:40:25 MDT.

M B
(livingontheroad) - M
a lot on 08/02/2012 19:13:35 MDT Print View

I think going from $149 to $199 qualifies as "a lot" to many. Thats 33% on the 1 season bag.

Their costs did not go up that amount in a couple of months, they would be out of business. They are charging more, because they think they can get more based on the success with lower prices. At least thats my take on it.

Edited by livingontheroad on 08/02/2012 20:12:38 MDT.

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: a lot on 08/02/2012 19:27:35 MDT Print View

Supply and Demand

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Locale: Minnesota
Re: Re: a lot on 08/02/2012 19:47:18 MDT Print View

Nobody thought they were cutting it in half forever did they? They started selling direct and to make sure that was a success they made if a killer deal. But now they price it still well bellow MOST other quilts which to me still seams great compared to the old price. Just think of it like a sale ended. You can't get mad about ittgats life. Great deals don't last forever, and I for one am glad ;)

-Tim

M B
(livingontheroad) - M
golite on 08/02/2012 20:15:47 MDT Print View

Doesnt bother me either. Most of their gear is simply not what I am looking for, and is a bit heavy.

I could be swayed to accept a couple ounce penalty at the right price, but at the wrong price, no way.

Robert Cowman
(rcowman) - F

Locale: Canadian Rockies
Re: golite on 08/02/2012 20:20:00 MDT Print View

could be karma for the mass of threads of people looking for the additional 20% off coupons....

Patrick Baker
(f1prb22) - M
enLIGHTened equipment down quilt from $165 on 08/03/2012 11:18:53 MDT Print View

Have you seen this thread as well ?

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=54690

Manufactured right here in the USA !

My 6'6" Wide 40F with overfill (Green/Black) came in exactly at the spec weight of 20 ounces.

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: enLIGHTened equipment down quilt from $165 on 08/03/2012 11:24:01 MDT Print View

I think everybody here knows Tim Marshall and his quality quilts,his post is just a couple posts up from yours.

J P
(jpovs) - F - M

Locale: North Shore
Re: Grrrrr. GoLite raises prices on previously out of stock items. Boo. on 08/03/2012 19:07:35 MDT Print View

Maybe the price shot up because alot of people are using the 20% off coupons on top of the previous great price. The 20% off coupon I'm talking about is for writing a review.

Thayne N
(teethless) - MLife

Locale: SF CA
really? on 08/03/2012 21:41:18 MDT Print View

I find it unreasonable to expect a manufacturer, of any stripe, to honor a sale price...after the sale is over!

I don't have a enlightened quilt, but I'm sure that one day I will; Price, weight, made in the USA... All things seem to add up. My buddy likes his enlightened quilt quite a bit.