Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
CCF Pads; Coming Soon
Display Avatars Sort By:
John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
Re: EvaRest Sleeping Pads Instock.. on 08/30/2012 22:57:03 MDT Print View

Just placed an order for one, per promised back on page one!

Looking forward to putting this underneath my Klymit Static V, which is a bit too wide for my GG 1/8th pad.

John Ebner
(JEbner) - M

Locale: Big Thicket
pads on 08/30/2012 23:18:50 MDT Print View

Good choice for the name, I like it. Really nice price too. Placed my order for one (and some other stuff).

In reference to your request for input on future pad thickness (via the email), I'd be interested in a 1/4" pad if you had them.

Edited by JEbner on 08/31/2012 00:21:44 MDT.

Hubert Blanchard
(bertmail)

Locale: Southeast
New EvaRest pads on 08/31/2012 10:34:55 MDT Print View

I just ordered mine.
Should replace my tyvek ground sheet for colder weather.
I would love to see a thick/short one; 3/8" is ideal for me.
Thanks Lawson for listening and creating products we want!

Steve P
(swillhiker) - F
Order coming your way.... on 08/31/2012 13:17:34 MDT Print View

Thanks!

spelt with a t
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
flagged on 08/31/2012 14:29:19 MDT Print View

Emily B
(emilyb)
CCF Pads; Coming Soon on 08/31/2012 15:25:41 MDT Print View

Per your request for input on the upcoming thicker mattresses, I would be excited to see one with a thickness such that the R-value is 4.5 or more.

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
CCF Pads; Coming Soon on 08/31/2012 16:34:09 MDT Print View

R 4.5 ?
Easy. Buy 6 of them and use one on top of the other.
Franco

Seth Brewer
(Whistler) - MLife

Locale: www.peaksandvalleys.weebly.com
Ordered mine also on 08/31/2012 17:09:26 MDT Print View

Going to use it under my airmat for winter camping, and as my SUL kit sleeping mat ! Hope it will turn out to be the excellent multi-purpose piece of gear that I think it will !

Emily B
(emilyb)
CCF Pads; Coming Soon on 08/31/2012 18:32:32 MDT Print View

Franco, no joke, I've actually been considering that!
But I think I'll keep my impatience in check long enough to see what the thicker options are.

Hoot Filsinger
(filsinger) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
ccf pad arrived today on 09/04/2012 18:48:07 MDT Print View

Similar to the "utilitarian bandana" this pad will be assigned many duties. I like a pad with easy access on the outside of pack for siestas, snack breaks, packing and unpacking gear, gathering water, clean access to enter and exit tent, and the obvious extra insulation for sleeping. I see myself ordering another for cutting up into different lengths. Durability will be determined with time as I am used to using a 1/4 pad.

Susan Papuga
(veganaloha) - M

Locale: USA
Re: EvaRest Sleeping Pads Instock.. on 09/06/2012 02:21:51 MDT Print View

Darn! late to the party to throw in my name idea, but interested in a torso length pad if you are going to make those. Also, what is the final weight for the one you're offering?

One question, I would just use it by itself for a summer/3-season pad, so what thickness would you recommend?

Lawson Kline
(Mountainfitter) - M

Locale: LawsonEquipment.com
Shipping Update on 09/07/2012 14:06:02 MDT Print View

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to give everyone a shipping update. If you ordered a sleeping pad with other items they were shipped separately, however both packages went out the same day.. But for some reason it appears like USPS held onto some of the sleeping pads at one of their sort facilities for a few days... I called and talked to someone earlier today but they just gave me a run around so I really don't know why. So with that said, you will most likely receive your other package first and then the Evarest pad a day or two later.. Sorry for the delay and any trouble this might have causes.. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Lawson

Brad Walker
(brawa)

Locale: SoCal
Re: Shipping Update on 09/07/2012 21:42:15 MDT Print View

Thanks for the update. Just got the rest of my order today so I'll be on the lookout.

Am I crazy though or is the Glowire more orange than it used to be? No complaint, just wondering.

Lawson Kline
(Mountainfitter) - M

Locale: LawsonEquipment.com
Sizes on 09/14/2012 07:35:37 MDT Print View

Thanks to everyone for the business. Any feedback thus far? With that said, I plan to start adding other sizes. I think I am going to add 1/4", 1/2" and then either 3/4" or 1" in a convoluted pad. Any opinions?

Thanks again,
Lawson

michael levi
(M.L) - F

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles
Question. on 09/14/2012 08:38:11 MDT Print View

How stiff are these?

Would you reccimend one for a frameless back to use inside as a frame?

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
Re: Question. on 09/14/2012 12:27:59 MDT Print View

Michael: How stiff are these? Would you recommend one for a frameless back to use inside as a frame?

Hey Michael,

I have been using the Gossamer Gear 1/8th pad for a number of years as both a ground pad and inside of my ZPacks X-Small Zero for support.

In initial testing I would say that the padding that Lawson has sourced is a slight bit more firm than my GG pad was when I first bought it. It also appears to be a bit warmer, but that is just from me testing it on a cold wooden floor in my house with no shoes on - so highly unscientific ;)

-Abela

Daniel Russell
(Superfluous_Grizzly)

Locale: Creation
First thoughts and testing on 09/15/2012 09:35:08 MDT Print View

I, like John above, have the Klymit Static V sleeping pad and wanted to try this out underneath. Although I am quite bitter that Lawson did not choose my suggested name for the pad, I will get over it. :P

My first thoughts were, well... obvious:

-It is light.
-It doesn't seem extremely durable (but I baby my gear so it should last).
-It was surprisingly comfortable by itself (not so obvious, I suppose).

After my Klymit pad was applied:

-It has nice natural grip, so the pad doesn't slide.
-It added a new layer of comfort to the Klymit.

For use as a frame in a frame-less pack:

-This worked perfect inside my 2012 GG Murmur in place of the sit pad and I suspect it should work just fine in others. It is slightly more firm than other 1/8" pads I have seen (which is a good thing IMO).

Inside a hammock (Double-layer):

-This idea was a no brainer for me and probably the single-most applicable reason that I purchased this pad. I'm mostly a hammock camper but when my girl comes with we set up the SMD Lunar Duo. Anyway, the pad fit great inside my WBBB 1.1DL and was not uncomfortable. I suspect it should keep me warm down to 40-50 range with my Top Quilt (Rated to 20).

Hope this helps and I'll update more as I actually use this out in the field.
Happy trails,
-Dan

Edited by Superfluous_Grizzly on 09/15/2012 09:36:08 MDT.

John Ebner
(JEbner) - M

Locale: Big Thicket
Re: Sizes (Any opinions?) on 09/15/2012 13:28:44 MDT Print View

I'd be interested in a 1/4" pad, or better yet, a 1/2" pad in about a 48" length. Maybe both.

Daniel Russell
(Superfluous_Grizzly)

Locale: Creation
Feedback on 09/15/2012 17:45:23 MDT Print View

Lawson,
For what I use this for I would love to see a 1/16" pad. Am I the only one?

david delabaere
(davidvcd) - M

Locale: Northern VA
1/2 in on 09/16/2012 06:54:04 MDT Print View

For what it's worth, I feel having a 1/2in pad or two (combined with the 2 1/8in pads I already have) would make it a very flexible system without bringing too many pads to stack.