Display Avatars Sort By:
K C
(KalebC) - F

Locale: South West
Name on 08/19/2012 23:23:28 MDT Print View

Evamat

Evapad

Evabed

Edited by KalebC on 08/19/2012 23:26:36 MDT.

John Ebner
(JEbner) - M

Locale: Big Thicket
pad name on 08/20/2012 00:54:31 MDT Print View

Fitterlite pads

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Locale: Minnesota
Re: Name that Pad on 08/20/2012 07:32:07 MDT Print View

EZTote, EZT pads

I hate naming stuff. I have 4 names and I'll never change them, too much work;)

SleepRest
NightRest
SlumberLite
EndurancePad, ccf being puncture proof market it that you can't pop it even with a knife or something

Edited by MarshLaw303 on 08/20/2012 07:33:11 MDT.

Laurie Gibson
(lagibson) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
pad name contest on 08/20/2012 07:45:11 MDT Print View

Wide Eva

Wide Light

WideLite

Edited by lagibson on 08/20/2012 08:08:24 MDT.

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Locale: Armpit of California
RE Pad name contest on 08/20/2012 08:01:17 MDT Print View

Lawsonlight, or Lawsonlite, LLEVA,

E
V
LAWSON
I
T
E

This site won't let me arrange the letters like I want to.
I was trying to put the E and V over the top of the A.

Edited by jumpbackjack on 08/20/2012 08:19:53 MDT.

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Locale: Armpit of California
RE Pad name contest on 08/20/2012 08:23:56 MDT Print View

Here's another

EVAlution

Jason McElyea
(rxfragmentation)
names on 08/20/2012 08:43:27 MDT Print View

EvaKline
EvaLast Foam Mat
UL EvaFoam

EvaLy Lite-Mat

Eva-LOE gets your brand in there, Lawson Outdoor Equipment

L0E E-pad

or something simple like:

AdventureMat (Pad) could even add LOE in front of that

Edited by rxfragmentation on 08/20/2012 09:24:34 MDT.

Mike V
(deadbox) - F - M

Locale: Midwest
Re: name suggestion on 08/20/2012 09:47:15 MDT Print View

Swiftlite pad
or
Aeropad

Edited by deadbox on 08/20/2012 09:49:33 MDT.

Keith Moses
(kmoses) - F

Locale: southeast tn.
ccf on 08/20/2012 10:45:27 MDT Print View

yep +1

Keith Moses
(kmoses) - F

pad name on 08/20/2012 11:09:00 MDT Print View

sleeplite or klinelite.

Keith Moses
(kmoses) - F

pad name on 08/20/2012 11:11:53 MDT Print View

klinelite, sleeplite

Keith Bassett
(keith_bassett)

Locale: Pacific NW
Pad Name on 08/20/2012 11:22:19 MDT Print View

Litrex, ToughLite, Litex, Toughex, Toughline, lightex, TuffLite, Tough Stuff CCF, Groundlite, SpeedLite

Getting the X sound into a company or product name has actually been correlated with success, unbelievable though it sounds. So said a marketing class I was in a few years ago.

John Ebner
(JEbner) - M

Locale: Big Thicket
pad name on 08/20/2012 11:38:28 MDT Print View

Evalux pad

Foreva pad

Steven Paris
(saparisor) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
CCF Pads; Coming Soon on 08/20/2012 12:00:30 MDT Print View

+1 for Hoot's "ReKline" pad. Clever, clever.

Tim Heckel
(ThinAir) - M

Locale: 6237' - Manitou Springs
Jars on 08/20/2012 12:16:13 MDT Print View

I've been waiting for the pads so I could combine that order with some of the little jars. Any idea when the jars will be back in stock?

Nick G
(HermesUL) - F
Name Ideas/Feedback on 08/20/2012 22:31:31 MDT Print View

Nimblelight

Reduksoft

EvaAlpha

The Wanderer/The Fellwanderer (Fellwanderer is the title given to Wainwright, the great guidebook author whose name has become synonymous with the fells of the English Lake District)

Muirwarm/Muirwarmth

Highland Pad

Franconia Ranger

Also, I'll very likely be interested in purchasing a thicker version of the same pad, probably thick enough for winter use (would need an R value better than 2.2 and a weight less than 15 oz to beat my Thermarest Z-lite).
A torso or 3/4 length summer pad would also catch my interest.

David Wills
(willspower3) - F
names on 08/21/2012 04:00:21 MDT Print View

The Dorminator (latin anyone?). Bonus points: no mention of the overused 'lite' suffix.

Adding to the comment about the usefulness of 'X' in a name with my 1st idea, how about the 'Dorminatrix'? No foreseeable problems with that, right?

Or, if you would like to advertise the warmth aspects, "Thermonator" or "Therminator"

As the holder of a marketing degree, I should be able to do better :(

More seriously though, using or combining geographical features or names of geographical regions and adjectives for warmth, rest, and lightness seem to be quite popular and the default solution to naming something. Rational differentiation in mainstream outdoor gear can be difficult these days, so emotional appeals are quite important to TNF or Columbia making another 3 in 1 jacket. It matters to niche mfgs too. Golite has the fortune of their brand name evoking a predetermined feeling about their gear no matter how accurate it is, so they throw a bunch of hyperbolic nouns and adjectives in their product names that don't need to involve lightness. Adrenaline, Ultra, Utopia, Quest, Jam, Rush, Shangri-La, all distinctively targeted towards the purchaser's perceived activities with each item. I'm actually quite impressed by it. Those are their hard goods. All their clothes have either specific (but obscure) or general landform or location names.

Never go too mainstream with your geographical entities though, for risk of sounding pedestrian to consumers who wish to feel very far in the loop. (I.E. Mountain Pad, or Everest anything unless you would truly use it on Everest). The 'list of landforms' on wikipedia could also be considered a partial list of outdoor manufacturers and products.

http://thesaurus.com/browse/heat
http://thesaurus.com/browse/light?s=t
http://thesaurus.com/browse/rest?s=t
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_landforms

Combing all these words into a rondomizing generator would produce lovely names like the "Dainty Valley Pad" or "Sleepy Spring Pad", aggressive names like the "Lava Lake Mat", or plain undesirable names like the "Dirt Cone Slumber Pad". I'm sure our creative members could have some fun with this.

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Locale: Minnesota
Re: names on 08/21/2012 13:14:56 MDT Print View

To combine a couple of Davida suggestions

Sleepy Valley pad
Spring valley pad

SVP

Clayton Mauritzen
(GlacierRambler) - F - M

Locale: NW Montana
Re: Don Draper it on 08/21/2012 13:54:43 MDT Print View

don draper

"Well, technology is a glittering lure. But there's the rare occasion when the public can be engaged on a level beyond flash, if they have a sentimental bond with the product. My first job, I was in-house at a fur company, with this old pro copywriter. Greek, named Teddy. And Teddy told me the most important idea in advertising is "new". Creates an itch. You simply put your product in there as a kind of... calamine lotion. But he also talked about a deeper bond with the product: nostalgia. It's delicate... but potent. Teddy told me that in Greek, "nostalgia" literally means, "the pain from an old wound". It's a twinge in your heart, far more powerful than memory alone. This device isn't a sleeping pad. It's a time machine. It goes backwards, forwards. It takes us to a place where we ache to go again. It's not called Evazote. It's called the Sleep Tight Pad. It lets us sleep the way a child sleeps. Around and around, and back home again... to a place where we know we are loved."

Charles P
(mediauras)

Locale: Terra
very nice on 08/21/2012 21:54:56 MDT Print View

Heh, that's awesome! just to build on that a bit and kitsch it up, Draper can be hopelessly serious, how about the SnoozeRite? Or SnoozeLite?

Or, how about, pointing to the only (very good) reason anybody wants foam: the NeverPop.