Forum Index » Gear Deals » enLIGHTened equipment quilts in stock and ready to go

Display Avatars Sort By:
Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Locale: Minnesota
Re: Underquilt on 08/05/2012 10:48:58 MDT Print View

Doug,

all my adult quilts (kids ones too really but too small for an adult)can be hung as non-deferentially cut underquilts with your own suspension. We use ours this way sometimes for sure.

-Tim

F Reid Shippen
(makeitwork)

Locale: Southeast
Noob question on 08/06/2012 21:53:36 MDT Print View

Tim-

Noob question here. Are you saying that a 40* overstuffed would work pretty well as a 3-season for a warm sleeper?

I'd pretty much decided on the golite 3-season until I stumbled across some huge EE fans. Your philosophy rocks & I'd love to support it.

Thanks!

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Re: Noob question on 08/06/2012 21:59:17 MDT Print View

I use my 40* overstuff to 30* butost people consider 20* more of a 3 season rating

-Tim

Jeff M.
(Catalyst)

Locale: Costa Mesa, CA
Re: Re: Underquilt on 08/06/2012 22:50:09 MDT Print View

Tim, what kind of suspension set up do you use when using the top quilts as under quilts?

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Locale: Oregon
Re: Re: Re: Underquilt on 08/07/2012 11:07:15 MDT Print View

"Tim, what kind of suspension set up do you use when using the top quilts as under quilts?"

Jeff,
I've been using Tim's quilts as under quilts for years. This is good for hanging them, or any bungie cord will do:

http://www.jacksrbetter.com/shop/under-quilt-suspension-system/

M

Edited by bigfoot2 on 08/07/2012 11:08:06 MDT.

Kenneth Jacobs
(f8less) - F

Locale: Midwest
Seconds Material on 08/07/2012 11:59:57 MDT Print View

Tim

I'm just wondering what makes your Revelation X quilt's material "seconds"? Is it occasional snags, crooked box pattern, etc.? Do you have any shots of of what the typical "seconds" defects are?

TIA!

Edited by f8less on 08/07/2012 12:01:13 MDT.

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Re: Seconds Material on 08/07/2012 13:56:10 MDT Print View

Most of our X quilts have no noticeable issues. Occasionally we find a small stain or mark. Our olive green has 2 grey lines running down the center, they are put there intentionally but do affect the aesthetic of the fabric, a little. About 1 in every 100 quilts requires a small repair due to damaged fabric so any issues are very rare and even on these rare quilts (5 or 6 in 10 months) the repairs are pretty discreet.

-Tim

Kenneth Jacobs
(f8less) - F

Re: Re: Seconds Material on 08/07/2012 14:45:29 MDT Print View

Awesome! Thanks for the clarification. I've been using my Marmot Hydrogen like a quilt lately and am starting to feel that a quilt may be in order. I've been eyeballing your stuff. ;)

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Seconds Material on 08/07/2012 15:51:32 MDT Print View

Well Ken, I'm not sure how comfortable I am with you "eyeballing my stuff" but I'll gladly help you out with a quilt whenever you're ready

-Tim

Charles P
(mediauras) - F

Locale: Terra
Re: Re: Re: Re: Seconds Material on 08/07/2012 16:37:28 MDT Print View

There's some joke to be had about "loft" here but i'll leave it to the professionals. :)

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Seconds Material on 08/07/2012 16:40:52 MDT Print View

Baffle width?

Kenneth Jacobs
(f8less) - F

Re: Re: Re: Re: Seconds Material on 08/07/2012 16:43:02 MDT Print View

HA! Good man, I like how you roll!

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Seconds Material on 08/07/2012 16:53:00 MDT Print View

I can always be counted on for the jokes, and sarcasim. Jokes and sarcasim are all I have. Oh, and the occasional quilt factoid.

-Tim

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

enLIGHTened equipment quilts in stock and ready to go" on 08/07/2012 17:54:53 MDT Print View

Tim......worried about you, pal..........
tim

M

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

"enLIGHTened equipment quilts in stock and ready to go" on 08/07/2012 18:00:37 MDT Print View

For those wondering about Tim's quilts used as under quilts.........

uq

M
PS--Yeah, that's a Warbonnet ElDorado with Dynaglide whoopies!

Edited by bigfoot2 on 08/07/2012 18:01:57 MDT.

Gregory Allen
(Gallen1119) - M

Locale: Golden, CO
EE quilts on 08/07/2012 22:14:09 MDT Print View

Purchased 2 EE Rev X two weeks ago for me and wife. Received yesterday so they haven't been field tested. I can say that I don't see any significant imperfections in the material, maybe just a bit of color variation in the outer grey shell. Construction is beautiful, well sewn, and clean. Snaps and tie points are slim, light, but solid. We both got 20 degree overstuff because we are cold sleepers, wanted to extend to three seasons, and many of our nights are spent at or above treeline. The difference in weight for us was well worth it. A more formal review will follow as fall temps and weather hits the high Rockies. Customer service, value, and overall responsiveness to questions/concerns is unparelelled in any other company I have delt with. Tim's response to email was always less than 12 hours, even on weekends, often less than an hour. With service like this, I am sure the delivered product will live up to expectations. Thx Tim.

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Re: EE quilts on 08/07/2012 22:39:21 MDT Print View

Not sure if you guys will believe me or not but I pull my phone out every few minutes checking for emails from you because I can't wait the 5 min between auto fetching. I love talking to you guys and helping put you in the right quilt. I have been turning down a lot more custom work because of how busy things are so sorry again to those I've had to turn away.

-Tim

P.s.
I said I like talking to you guys, but I really meant typing. I am a long winded SOB and a question I could answer in a 30 sec email takes me 2 hrs on the phone, with my screaming kids in the background. sorry that I can't be more available that way.

Jason H
(i2ambler) - F
Yay on 08/09/2012 10:53:02 MDT Print View

Mine's on its way! Woo ha! Glorious red and black.. Ill post pics when I get it in another thread. :)

F Reid Shippen
(makeitwork)

Locale: Southeast
Re: Re: Noob question on 08/09/2012 15:45:52 MDT Print View

That sounds about right. LMK if you have any more specials lying about. I'm 5'10" 200lbs (yup, just put that on the freaking internets) and would love to rock one of your creations.

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Noob question on 08/09/2012 15:55:42 MDT Print View

First post in this thread always shows what I currently have available. As the quilts are added or removed it always gets changed there first to keep it current

-Tim