JMT maps
Display Avatars Sort By:
Michael Levine
(Trout) - F

Locale: Long Beach
JMT maps on 07/25/2012 12:56:20 MDT Print View

Does anyone have digital files of the JMT maps they wouldn't mind sharing? I've bought the Tom Harrison ones last year AND this year. I have maps 1-9 minus seven sitting in front of me, but kind of need map 7. I think I must have accidentally tossed it with my trash at the end of the trail. My last year maps are in a storage unit, at the bottom, and I'm trying to plan a loop for a friend getting from Florence lake to Evolution Lake and back and giving mileage and possible camp spots and the like. If you wouldn't mind emailing them to mlevineisme at gee-gmail (minus the ee-) .com I would much appreciate that. Map seven would be great, all the maps would be wonderful as I'm kind of sick of buying more and more copies of the same maps that seem to get a bit wiped out along the folds.

Note to self, next time make scanned backup copies of maps before taking them into the field.

Edited by Trout on 07/25/2012 12:57:12 MDT.

Nathan Hays
(oroambulant)

Locale: San Francisco
JMT maps on 07/25/2012 13:43:02 MDT Print View

http://www.onthetrail.org/jmtmaps.html
National Geographic version.
I prefer over Harrison.

Nate

Amy Lauterbach
(drongobird) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
printed JMT maps on 07/25/2012 14:10:05 MDT Print View

Michael - You could just print the section you're missing by using CalTopo.com. If you want the JMT highlighted, you can either mark up the map manually or import a JMT gpx file.

CalTopo is free, and if you're happy you can donate a couple bucks offset the cost the developer has incurred by making the great tool available.

Michael Levine
(Trout) - F

Locale: Long Beach
Re: printed JMT maps on 07/25/2012 21:36:14 MDT Print View

I'll definitely check into both of those options. A kind soul I met on the trail last year was kind enough to do exactly what I was hoping someone had, and share it. I'm good now. Thanks!

drowning in spam
(leaftye) - F

Locale: SoCal
Re: JMT maps on 07/25/2012 21:49:27 MDT Print View

Is that bit different that the PCT? If not, you could print Halfmile's free maps.