Hilleberg Anjan Reviewin TGO magazine
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jason Elsworth
(jephoto) - M

Locale: New Zealand
Hilleberg Anjan Reviewin TGO magazine on 07/22/2012 01:56:04 MDT Print View

TGO Magazine in the UK has a first impressions review, by Chris Townsend, of the Anjan. His conclusions were that, because of the height of the fly, it was really best for sheltered conditions. I was fairly set on getting one of these as a three man family tent , but will now probably have to consider other options.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: Hilleberg Anjan Reviewin TGO magazine on 07/22/2012 08:48:15 MDT Print View

I am not surprised but realistically, most 3 season shelters are best for sheltered conditions. But then instead of a Hilleberg, an UL model probably makes more sense such as the TT Hogback, etc. In more exposed conditions, I would go with one of Hilleberg's 4 season shelters for the extra strength. What about a Nallo 3?

Martin Rye
(rye1966) - F

Locale: UK
Re: Hilleberg Anjan Reviewin TGO magazine on 07/22/2012 15:22:11 MDT Print View

Ask Jaakko about it http://korpijaakko.wordpress.com/2012/05/28/hilleberg-anjan-3-first-impression/ seems ok looking at his photos.

Jason Elsworth
(jephoto) - M

Hilleberg Anjan Reviewin TGO magazine on 07/22/2012 18:01:56 MDT Print View

Thanks Martin I have seen Jaakko's post and like you think it looked pretty OK. However, David could have been reading my thoughts. For the weight and cost I was hoping for more. My expectations, however, may have been unrealistic:).

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
Hilleberg Anjan Reviewin TGO magazine on 07/22/2012 18:34:56 MDT Print View

Two common complaints from them Brits :
1) the fly does not hug the ground
2) too much condensation (from my ground hugging fly...)
Can't win.
Anyway I was nice and dry yesterday morning inside my non ground hugging fly , the guys inside their bombproof ground hugging tent had to split up (one slept in the nearby hut) because of condensation inside their tent. (not a Hilly but a similar tunnel design )
Franco

Jason Elsworth
(jephoto) - M

Hilleberg Anjan Reviewin TGO magazine on 07/22/2012 19:06:24 MDT Print View

Meow Franco:) Were you in a Tarptent by any chance:).

I may be in touch about a Startospire 2,as a possible option.

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
Hilleberg Anjan Reviewin TGO magazine on 07/22/2012 19:18:35 MDT Print View

well I don't get it...
You can open up (at least a bit ) most tents and get some air flow yet most are reluctant to do so.
Just like the guys that are dripping with sweat and then blame their Tex jackets because they don't "breathe" forgetting they are wearing 4 layers under it...
Franco

Edited by Franco on 07/23/2012 16:35:21 MDT.

Charles Jennings
(Packgoat)
Anjan 2 in the Winds on 07/23/2012 13:44:11 MDT Print View

I will be using my Anjan 2 at 11,000 ft elevations in September in the Winds. Will report back on how it does.