November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Haven/Cobra Combo
Display Avatars Sort By:
Daryl and Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
Haven/Cobra Combo on 07/17/2012 21:21:11 MDT Print View

I recently got a chance to look at the Six Moon Designs cuben Haven. The inner tent from a Coleman, Peak 1, Cobra fits nicely under it. A few minor modifications would make it work.

This is probably a match-up that very few would be interested in. The buyer of the 10 ounce, $400, SMD cuben tarp is probably looking for something different than the owner of a $69, Cobra with a 1.5 lb inner tent. But who knows?

The Haven/Cobra combo would weigh a little over 2 lbs for the tent+fly (excluding poles, stakes, etc.).

Tim Cleary

Locale: Lost
I think very few is correct on 07/18/2012 19:30:43 MDT Print View

While it is a nice coincidence of footprint, I think the there are other inner mesh tents that would be easily adaptable to the cuben haven. Seems kind of like putting a governor on a Maserati or something.

Richard Gless
(rgless) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Haven/Cobra Combo on 07/18/2012 21:57:35 MDT Print View

I don't think there will be too many people doing this. The Haven net tent is considerable lighter that the Cobra inner tent and has substantially more space than the Cobra. I have both and the Haven net tent is definitely superior, plus it is designed spectifically for the Haven tarp.