Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
good EZ trail foods
Display Avatars Sort By:
M B
(livingontheroad) - M
good EZ trail foods on 07/14/2012 18:35:54 MDT Print View

Id like to know what peoples FAVORITE EZ foods are .

I guess our standby lunch favorite is Starkist tuna salad (foil pouch) with an extra packet of mayonaise, maybe mustard, on tortillas. Such a good lunch, my son will eat it at home.

( usually have spare pouches in gear closet , when hes hungry he goes and gets it)

Jason Byers
(JasonB) - F

Locale: Western NC
Moose Goo on 07/15/2012 21:31:58 MDT Print View

My new favorite trail lunch is Moose Goo on a tortilla shell. You'll have to google it. A friend told me about it and he found the recipe online. The recipe calls for 2 parts honey and corn flour (not corn meal) and 1 part peanut butter. I actually think its better with all equal parts so that's what I do. It's easy because I mix up some and put it on tortilla shells before the hike and put in a ziplock bag. A little goes a long way. I don't like to stop for lunch so I usually just snack all day but this is something I eat that is saved for my "lunch time".

Laurie Ann March
(Laurie_Ann) - F

Locale: Ontario, Canada
trail mix on 07/16/2012 11:05:50 MDT Print View

nuts and dried fruits... I'm one of those people who really likes GORP

Jason Cravens
(packpack)

Locale: Cumberland Plateau
taters on 07/16/2012 17:41:03 MDT Print View

I like to buy a pouch of the instant mashed potatoes (baby reds and garlic), then add REAL bacon bits, southwestern seasoning, and shelf stable Parmesan cheese packs. I mix everything in a zip lock bag beforehand and just add boiling water. Put in my cozy and wait for the goodness.

Jason

christopher smead
(hamsterfish) - MLife

Locale: hamsterfish
Pepperoni stick in carbs on 07/16/2012 20:24:19 MDT Print View

My new favorite is chopped up tillamook pepperoni stick in either idahoan mashed potatoes or couscous with some olive oil.
Packit Gourmet's bangers and mash inspired me to make a simpler version.