WMP downloading music?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Leslie Thurston
(lesler) - F

Locale: right here, right now
WMP downloading music? on 07/13/2012 14:24:55 MDT Print View

where/how to download FREE music to WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER?
(i use a public computer) and am only finding mp3 compatability.
eeeeks.
i'm in the dark w/ technology :)
thanks!
lt

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: WMP downloading music? on 07/13/2012 14:36:05 MDT Print View

windows media player should play mp3 files.

Harald Hope
(hhope) - M

Locale: East Bay
get usb thumb drive on 07/27/2012 16:44:08 MDT Print View

Get a 16 gigabyte usb thumb drive/memory stick, those cost only about $10 now. That's the current sweet spot for price/size.

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=522&name=USB-Flash-Drives

just find one that has free shipping and you're good to go. 8 gigabyte is less and costs under 10.

If the public computer allows you to plug those in, save the downloaded files to the thumbdrive, and be happy, and you'll have your music.

Music files have little to do with wmp, unless it's specifically apple protected types, like from itunes. Any and all music players will play mp3s, most will play mp4s. Most will play wma type files, but I urge you to avoid those, as well as the apple itunes formatted stuff, usually called aac, which is just a copy protected mp4 I believe. Avoid anything with copy protection, it's a pain and a headache.

And you can always download and run foobar2000 if you get your own pc, that plays everything, that's windows program.

Edited by hhope on 07/27/2012 16:45:54 MDT.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: WMP downloading music? on 07/27/2012 22:10:31 MDT Print View

If you are willing to pay a lousy 99 cents per song -- you can buy and download them easily from Amazon.com. They have a huge trove searching by title, singer, album, etc. And the quality is consistently good.