Pronunciation of dyneema?
Display Avatars Sort By:
James Reilly
(zippymorocco)

Locale: Montana
Pronunciation of dyneema? on 07/10/2012 19:55:46 MDT Print View

I realized I have never heard this word spoken. Is it pronounced die-nee-ma? Cause I figured it could also be die-na-ma. How do you say it?

Steven Paris
(saparisor) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Pronunciation of dyneema? on 07/10/2012 21:42:40 MDT Print View

I assumed it was "die-knee-ma" but I don't know that I've actually ever heard it pronounced either.

Ken K
(TheFatBoy) - F

Locale: St. Louis
Re: Pronunciation of dyneema? on 07/10/2012 22:24:38 MDT Print View

Second on "die-nee-ma" (die-knee-muh).

James Reilly
(zippymorocco)

Locale: Montana
Re: on 07/10/2012 23:34:37 MDT Print View

That was certainly my assumption as well but I wasn't 100 percent. Thanks for the input.

ROBERT TANGEN
(RobertM2S) - M

Locale: Lake Tahoe
Is it dee-nee-ma on 07/11/2012 16:17:34 MDT Print View

I hate foreign languages, but I think that Dynafit is pronounced Dee-na-fit.

josh wagner
(StainlessSteel) - F
vowel team on 07/12/2012 06:44:55 MDT Print View

the vowel team EE says a long E sound. EA sometimes makes a short vowel sound...

Die-knee-muh is how i would say it...

Doug Smith
(Jedi5150) - F - M

Locale: Central CA
dyneema on 07/12/2012 20:00:42 MDT Print View

Every industry professional I've spoken with who uses it, be it a backpack maker or dealer of hard rifle plate armor, pronounces it "die-knee-muh", as was said earlier.

Edited by Jedi5150 on 07/12/2012 20:01:18 MDT.

Terry Trimble
(socal-nomad) - F

Locale: North San Diego county
Pronunciation of Dyneema on 07/14/2012 10:09:50 MDT Print View

When I sold shoes we had the same problem with shoe brand Saucony. Customers would ask for Sock-nee, Sau-cony is the correct way to pronounce the brand . I use to ski on Dynafit skis the shop owner called them Dana-fit then the Dynafit sale rep friend of mind called them Dyna-fit .

Pronunciation of brand names I feel their is no correct way the individual says it long as they get their point across. Being in Sales most of life I have seen sales people and sales reps against sales reps having great useless debates over how a brand name is pronounced.

I have also seen snobbish sales people constantly correcting customer on the brand names they are asking for and making the customer feel inferior for mispronunciation of the product, Instead of just getting them product.
Terry