November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Golite SL2 and 3 people?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Trevor Wilson
(trevor83) - MLife

Locale: ATL -- Zurich -- SF Bay Area
Golite SL2 and 3 people? on 07/10/2012 12:55:23 MDT Print View

For the Golite Shangri La 2 owners out there, is it possible to sleep 3 people in the SL2 (fly only mode) if you had to? I am sure it would be tight but wondering if it could be possible. Thanks!

Ben Wortman
(bwortman) - M

Locale: Nebraska
Yes on 07/10/2012 13:04:44 MDT Print View

You could sleep 3 in an emergency. If you offset the pole to one side, 2 could be on one side and the other one on the opposite side.

All shoulder to shoulder though.

Trevor Wilson
(trevor83) - MLife

Re: Yes on 07/10/2012 13:27:42 MDT Print View

Thanks Ben!

Andy Anderson
(ianders) - F

Locale: Southeast
SL2 on 07/10/2012 17:06:06 MDT Print View

I'm going with no. The SL2 is a great shelter, but I found it almost too narrow for two, not to mention three. The tent poles will definitely be in the way. I had one that I used a few times for two and sold it because I felt it was too tight. Espically if it's in storm mode. I replaced it with a trailstar. You could always get one and try it. It will make for a good story later, like when me and a buddy tried to use a SL1. Just my 2 cents.

Trevor Wilson
(trevor83) - MLife

Re: SL2 on 07/11/2012 09:29:51 MDT Print View

Thanks Andy. It's always helpful to have several opinions. I think I will go with it as you suggest.