Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Is anyone home @ Tarptent?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Michael Mathisen
(mathix)

Locale: Oregon
Is anyone home @ Tarptent? on 02/27/2007 19:24:29 MST Print View

I have been trying to contact Tarptent via email for the last 3 weeks. Has anyone contacted them lately, or is having the same problem as me?

Mark Roberts
(antibush)

Locale: Midwest
Re: Is anyone home @ Tarptent? on 02/27/2007 20:10:05 MST Print View

I've had the same problem. I think Henry recently moved his business to a new city.

Michael Mathisen
(mathix)

Response time on 02/27/2007 21:07:51 MST Print View

I sent my Tarptent Virga in to have a floor installed about a month ago and haven't heard anything since. Thats pretty unusual. There normal response time is like an hour. But if they are still getting situated in a place I can understand the delay. I just hope my tarptent isn't floating around in limbo!

Adam Rothermich
(aroth87) - F

Locale: Missouri Ozarks
Re: Is anyone home @ Tarptent? on 02/27/2007 21:16:04 MST Print View

I do remember hearing that Henry was moving to a new facility awhile back, but I don't know when he was planning on being situated again. I don't think Henry would leave you hanging like that if he could help it.

Adam

Tim Cheek
(hikerfan4sure) - MLife
9 days ago on 02/27/2007 21:29:04 MST Print View

I traded emails with Henry.

Michael Mathisen
(mathix)

emails on 02/27/2007 21:42:35 MST Print View

Maybe it's my emails that are in limbo?

Mark Verber
(verber) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Is anyone home @ Tarptent? on 02/27/2007 23:16:06 MST Print View

Henry / tarptent tends to be extremely responsive. As others have noted Henry has been prepping to move his house and design studio for the last month. A few weeks ago his house was about half boxed up. That's a hard state to be in and still keep on top of everything. I think this is the week that he is moving, but I might be off by a week. To complicate matters, the person who has been helping him with the office is also moving. So things have been a bit crazy. If you haven't heard from him, your mail might have gotten misplaced in the shuffle. It wouldn't hurt to drop him a second message just in case the first got misplaced.

--Mark

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
New premises on 02/28/2007 01:53:15 MST Print View

Hi
Henry is indeed in the middle of transferring the family and business to "slightly" larger premises in Nevada City. Give him some time because this does not happen overnight. The good point is that the weather there might give him some inspiration to design a winter/alpine tent...
Franco
Not that Mark's comments needed any validation from me , this was only for the new ones here

Edited by Franco on 02/28/2007 01:56:39 MST.

Henry Shires
(07100) - F - M
Re: Is anyone home @ Tarptent? on 02/28/2007 14:38:23 MST Print View

Hi all,

1,000 apologies for begin AWOL. We moved last week and it was crazy for the weeks prior to the move (and now a week post move). It took several days after arriving to even get communications up and running here--long story involving a large cable conglomerate--and the week-long snow/rain storm here knocked out power a few times. The good news is that the sun is trying to peek out today, there's a foot of snow on the ground, the driveway is plowed, and we're shipping again. I'm working on all the backlogged e-mails/phone calls/repairs/orders etc. and we'll be in much better shape in a few days.

3 weeks 'til Spring!

-H

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
Re: Re: Is anyone home @ Tarptent? on 02/28/2007 16:56:55 MST Print View

Well, that's what I get for stalling on making a date to come over to Redwood City and view the Double Rainbow!!! Now I'll just have to wait till I've paid my money to get one, I guess.

Greyson Howard
(Greyhound)

Locale: Sierra Nevada
Re: Re: Is anyone home @ Tarptent? on 02/28/2007 18:48:49 MST Print View

Welcome to the mountains! I lived in Nevada City for about a year, it's a great place!

Mark Verber
(verber) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Re: Re: Is anyone home @ Tarptent? on 02/28/2007 19:26:06 MST Print View

Deborah.. there are numerous double rainbows in the bay area. I am sure if you ask nicely, someone around the area would be happy to show their's off to you. Of course, it won't be as good as Henry's guided tour. Alas, I will also miss Henry's presence... but he is in a better place now.

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
Re: Re: Re: Re: Is anyone home @ Tarptent? on 02/28/2007 20:27:38 MST Print View

Thanks, Mark. I figured there would be no shortage of them around here if I asked.

OK - who lives closest to San Leandro???? :)

P.S. I am glad to hear that Henry has relocated to such a lovely area...

Edited by dkramalc on 02/28/2007 20:57:28 MST.