Forum Index » Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking on the Moon: A Trip Guide to Craters of the Moon National Monument

Display Avatars Sort By:
Ryan Jordan
(ryan) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Greater Yellowstone
Backpacking on the Moon: A Trip Guide to Craters of the Moon National Monument on 06/26/2012 19:49:03 MDT Print View

Companion forum thread to:

Backpacking on the Moon: A Trip Guide to Craters of the Moon National Monument

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Backpacking on the Moon: A Trip Guide to Craters of the Moon National Monument on 06/26/2012 23:34:20 MDT Print View

Dave,

Really enjoyed this article. Thanks.

Dylan Snodgrass
(TrueNorth)

Locale: San Francisco, CA
Backpacking on the Moon: A Trip Guide to Craters of the Moon National Monument on 06/26/2012 23:54:55 MDT Print View

It is a pleasure to read such a well written article. Thank you.

James Marco
(jamesdmarco) - MLife

Locale: Finger Lakes
Backpacking on the Moon: A Trip Guide to Craters of the Moon National Monument on 06/27/2012 04:05:13 MDT Print View

A good read...Thanks!

Ian Schumann
(freeradical) - M

Locale: Central TX
Nice! on 06/27/2012 12:27:03 MDT Print View

Really beautiful writing. Thanks.

Laural Bourque
(lauralbaby)

Locale: PNW
great on 06/27/2012 14:43:10 MDT Print View

Definitely a wonderfully written piece, with appropriate photography as well.

Clayton Mauritzen
(GlacierRambler) - M

Locale: NW Montana
Re: excellent on 06/27/2012 15:09:18 MDT Print View

As always, I appreciate the care and attention you put into crafting an essay. I especially appreciate the way that you use the pictures to comment upon, critique, and create space for your ideas. Like any good trip--it is so much more than words.

Greg Letts
(gletts) - F - M

Locale: Northern California
walking on the moon on 06/27/2012 19:15:08 MDT Print View

Giant steps are what I take
walking on the moon
It's okay, your legs can't break
walking on the moon...

Tad Englund
(bestbuilder) - F - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Backpacking on the Moon: A Trip Guide to Craters of the Moon National Monument on 06/29/2012 16:40:47 MDT Print View

David, thanks for the report.
My family use to stop at the rest stop on I-15 (we called it "the Craters on the Moon rest stop) about 3 times a year when I was a kid (in the 60's). Doesn't look like much has changed. We use to go exploring out 1/4 mile from the rest stop, rock hopping in the unforgiving terrain. Its nice to see the other faces of the area.
Definitely a different place-

BTW, interesting that you found horse shoes; my father in law and his brothers (now passed away) drove horses through that area in the 20's. They would round the wild horses up around where Sun Valley is now and drive them to Star Valley, Wyoming.
Those could have been from some of their Saddle horses.

Edited by bestbuilder on 06/29/2012 16:42:33 MDT.

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
Backpacking on the Moon on 06/30/2012 19:41:42 MDT Print View

A worthwhile piece, Dave. Another fine addition to your growing collection of great material here at BPL.