Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Ultralight Tent options
Display Avatars Sort By:
Yuri R
(Yazon) - F
MSR Carbon Reflex 2? on 06/21/2012 21:04:45 MDT Print View

If you are considering a 2 person UL tent for more space - i have a brand new MSR Carbon Reflex 2 that i can sell. I have a one man tent and a bigger 2 man tent, so have no need for this unused UL tent. It it the green fly version.

It comes in at slighly over 3Lbs with sacks, manual, etc, but will go into sub 3lb if you remove the extras.

Let me know

Warren Greer
(WarrenGreer) - F

Locale: SoCal
TarpTent Notch on 06/21/2012 23:12:07 MDT Print View

26 ounces including stakes, which are included. Double wall, fully enclosed, very stable, requires only four stakes to set up, and does use trekking poles or you can get poles for it too. Great usable vestibule space and one of the most innovative one-man tent designs for sure. Can be used as a net tent only or a tarp only. Look at the setup video for this one and you'll see what a great option it is.

linky: http://tarptent.com/notch.html#videos

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Locale: The Palouse
Lot to consider on 06/21/2012 23:26:37 MDT Print View

You already have a lot to consider. Not sure that any of the options listed in Cuban will be at your price point.

Also not all listed weights are the same. Make sure you include stakes as some don't.

Mike W
(skopeo) - F

Locale: British Columbia
Ultralight Tent options on 06/22/2012 01:34:14 MDT Print View

If you leave behind some of the "extras" (use 6 pegs, no stuff sacks etc.), my Big Agnes Fly Creek UL1 weighs in at 33 oz. Good width and the length is OK for anybody up to 6 ft tall. Not much headroom but manageable. I think the Fly Creek UL2 is only 4 oz heavier if you leave the same extras at home (a previous poster said 42 oz but that must include all stuff sacks and pegs etc.). I believe BPL weighed it in at around 37 oz.

If you want more room, look at the new Seedhouse UL1. It's been made lighter this year has much more room than the Fly Creek UL1 and not much heavier. Cheaper than the Fly Creek too.