Forum Index » Gear Deals » Great deal on Stoic Hadron 850-fill goose downjacket just $55.65 and free shiping

Display Avatars Sort By:
Jack Elliott
(JackElliott) - F

Locale: Bend, Oregon, USA
Oh heck, 7 oz is 7 oz on 06/29/2012 16:31:12 MDT Print View

I went ahead and ordered one. I'll be the guy in the highly-unnatural acid-green color.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: Lartnec Nagihcim
Re: Oh heck, 7 oz is 7 oz on 06/29/2012 16:58:49 MDT Print View

My "purple" one is like a disco throw back :-)

Jack Elliott
(JackElliott) - F

But which one is warmer? on 06/29/2012 17:02:30 MDT Print View

I wonder if '80s purple is warmer than acid green?

;-)

John Taylorson
(heyjt) - M

Locale: SoCal
Re: But which one is warmer? on 06/29/2012 17:34:04 MDT Print View

It's actually Aqua Mira mix green

Jack Elliott
(JackElliott) - F

Fits in better on 06/29/2012 17:35:23 MDT Print View

"It's actually Aqua Mira mix green"

Making it more outdoorsy, then.

Tad Englund
(bestbuilder) - F - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Re: Re: Fit on 06/29/2012 18:10:41 MDT Print View

Anna, I'm 6'2" and usually wear a 36" sleeve on a dress shirt. The size large (hoodie version) sleeves are plenty long for me. What helps is the elastic cuff (like the ones on the coats I wore as a kid). I could even have a longer arm and the sleeve would still work- the down part on mine bunches even so slightly. the elastic cuff also keeps the sleeve in place while moving my arms.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: Lartnec Nagihcim
Re: But which one is warmer? on 06/29/2012 18:43:52 MDT Print View

I don't mind the colour as it means I will only wear it while at camp,, I say if I wore it in public my wife might have something to say :-)

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: Re: Re: Re: Fit on 06/29/2012 19:04:15 MDT Print View

Thanks Tad (and Jolly Green Giant for the PM)it has really helped in my decision.

Michael Tsibelman
(tsibelman)
Re: Fits in better on 06/30/2012 12:37:50 MDT Print View

I got mine , I ordered in green as well it actually not looks that bad it just bright green , not the toxic green you see on the pictures.

Jason H
(i2ambler) - F
Got mine! on 07/03/2012 08:52:46 MDT Print View

I got it in green.. super lightweight, but I cant figure out how to stuff it in it's kangaroo pocket... dang!

Alan henson
(355spider) - F

Locale: DFW
Got mine and love it on 07/03/2012 12:03:20 MDT Print View

When purple Ferraris are 20 grand you buy one. Great find.

Ross Rozycki
(turtl631) - F
Sizing data point on 07/11/2012 08:26:39 MDT Print View

So I ordered a medium and ended up selling it because the torso was just too huge. I could have taken 4-6" of circumference out of it and still fit comfortably with a few layers underneath. I'm 5'10", 155 lbs, 30 waist and 37 or 38 suit. I generally wear smalls especially in brands that are more "American" sized but I got the medium after reading reviews that mentioned these run small. I do not feel that was the case for me, and the small fits me well with ample sleeve and torso length. I also picked up a MB Thermawrap jacket in small which fits a bit more snugly; my previous MB pieces were all mediums and had enough room to layer a down vest underneath.

Adrian Swanson
(storunner13) - M

Locale: Upper Midwest
Any want to trade their Small for my Medium? on 07/11/2012 12:12:24 MDT Print View

Wish you had posted this earlier...if you had, I would have not bought my Medium. I went by the fact that the Stoic merino shirt (small) followed the same sizing as the (M) Jacket.

I'm 6' 150 lbs. and it fits me large too. I might keep it anyway, as it closes off very well at the arms and waist, so the extra room would still insulate. I would probably bring this with a fleece for winter hiking...but even with the added bulk it might still be big..

Nevertheless, it's a great item, with good manufacturing quality. Great, lightweight features.

But really--does anyone have a size Small (in any color) that they would be willing to trade for my Medium?

Jim Sweeney
(swimjay) - MLife

Locale: Northern California
Hadron Large on 08/25/2012 15:57:22 MDT Print View

Took my Hadron out for 5 days, high altitude, not much wind, loved it. Got the hooded version, and it was perfect for sleeping with a quilt. Would buy another, just to have a spare, but am spoiled by the initial price.

Usually wear a medium, but the large is fine, perfect in the arms and a little big in the trunk. (5'9", 165 lbs., long arms).