November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Great deal on Stoic Hadron 850-fill goose downjacket just $55.65 and free shiping
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jack Elliott
(JackElliott) - F

Locale: Bend, Oregon, USA
Oh heck, 7 oz is 7 oz on 06/29/2012 16:31:12 MDT Print View

I went ahead and ordered one. I'll be the guy in the highly-unnatural acid-green color.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: The Deep Frreze
Re: Oh heck, 7 oz is 7 oz on 06/29/2012 16:58:49 MDT Print View

My "purple" one is like a disco throw back :-)

Jack Elliott
(JackElliott) - F

But which one is warmer? on 06/29/2012 17:02:30 MDT Print View

I wonder if '80s purple is warmer than acid green?

John Taylorson
(heyjt) - M

Locale: SoCal
Re: But which one is warmer? on 06/29/2012 17:34:04 MDT Print View

It's actually Aqua Mira mix green

Jack Elliott
(JackElliott) - F

Fits in better on 06/29/2012 17:35:23 MDT Print View

"It's actually Aqua Mira mix green"

Making it more outdoorsy, then.

Tad Englund
(bestbuilder) - F - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Re: Re: Fit on 06/29/2012 18:10:41 MDT Print View

Anna, I'm 6'2" and usually wear a 36" sleeve on a dress shirt. The size large (hoodie version) sleeves are plenty long for me. What helps is the elastic cuff (like the ones on the coats I wore as a kid). I could even have a longer arm and the sleeve would still work- the down part on mine bunches even so slightly. the elastic cuff also keeps the sleeve in place while moving my arms.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: The Deep Frreze
Re: But which one is warmer? on 06/29/2012 18:43:52 MDT Print View

I don't mind the colour as it means I will only wear it while at camp,, I say if I wore it in public my wife might have something to say :-)

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: Re: Re: Re: Fit on 06/29/2012 19:04:15 MDT Print View

Thanks Tad (and Jolly Green Giant for the PM)it has really helped in my decision.

Michael Tsibelman
Re: Fits in better on 06/30/2012 12:37:50 MDT Print View

I got mine , I ordered in green as well it actually not looks that bad it just bright green , not the toxic green you see on the pictures.

Jason H
(i2ambler) - F
Got mine! on 07/03/2012 08:52:46 MDT Print View

I got it in green.. super lightweight, but I cant figure out how to stuff it in it's kangaroo pocket... dang!

Alan henson
(355spider) - F

Locale: DFW
Got mine and love it on 07/03/2012 12:03:20 MDT Print View

When purple Ferraris are 20 grand you buy one. Great find.

Ross Rozycki
(turtl631) - F
Sizing data point on 07/11/2012 08:26:39 MDT Print View

So I ordered a medium and ended up selling it because the torso was just too huge. I could have taken 4-6" of circumference out of it and still fit comfortably with a few layers underneath. I'm 5'10", 155 lbs, 30 waist and 37 or 38 suit. I generally wear smalls especially in brands that are more "American" sized but I got the medium after reading reviews that mentioned these run small. I do not feel that was the case for me, and the small fits me well with ample sleeve and torso length. I also picked up a MB Thermawrap jacket in small which fits a bit more snugly; my previous MB pieces were all mediums and had enough room to layer a down vest underneath.

Adrian Swanson
(storunner13) - M

Locale: Upper Midwest
Any want to trade their Small for my Medium? on 07/11/2012 12:12:24 MDT Print View

Wish you had posted this earlier...if you had, I would have not bought my Medium. I went by the fact that the Stoic merino shirt (small) followed the same sizing as the (M) Jacket.

I'm 6' 150 lbs. and it fits me large too. I might keep it anyway, as it closes off very well at the arms and waist, so the extra room would still insulate. I would probably bring this with a fleece for winter hiking...but even with the added bulk it might still be big..

Nevertheless, it's a great item, with good manufacturing quality. Great, lightweight features.

But really--does anyone have a size Small (in any color) that they would be willing to trade for my Medium?

Jim Sweeney
(swimjay) - MLife

Locale: Northern California
Hadron Large on 08/25/2012 15:57:22 MDT Print View

Took my Hadron out for 5 days, high altitude, not much wind, loved it. Got the hooded version, and it was perfect for sleeping with a quilt. Would buy another, just to have a spare, but am spoiled by the initial price.

Usually wear a medium, but the large is fine, perfect in the arms and a little big in the trunk. (5'9", 165 lbs., long arms).