Forum Index » Gear Swap » FS: HMG Echo I, Zpacks Custom Zero Pack, 900FP SUL Quilt (14oz/35F)

Display Avatars Sort By:
Dan Durston
(dandydan) - M

Locale: Cascadia
FS: HMG Echo I, Zpacks Custom Zero Pack, 900FP SUL Quilt (14oz/35F) on 06/07/2012 22:37:19 MDT Print View

EVERYTHING IS SOLD

1) HMG ECHO 1 SHELTER SYSTEM - SOLD
This cuben shelter is in excellent shape. There are no signs of damage or wear on it that I can find. It's been used 5-10 nights. I have replaced the guylines, shockcord and lineloc's with lighter equivalents saving a couple ounces. It weighs 6.8oz (tarp), 11oz (inner) and 3.5oz (beak) with the guylines. Includes all three main pieces (tarp, beak and inner) and the HMG stuff sack. Does not include stakes. This shelter is very well constructed with excellent reinforcements at the tie-outs and a durable 1.5oz cuben floor.

Echo 1 for sale

Echo 1 for sale B

2) VIRGA OUTDOORS 14oz DOWN QUILT - SOLD
This quilt was made for me by forum member Billy Goat aka Virga Outdoors. It uses the best down and materials (900fp down, M55 shell fabric, 0.51oz cuben baffles). It weighs 14.2oz which includes 7.6oz of 900FP Down. Has a high (19) amount of baffles to really keep the down in place. I've never seen a feather leaking out of this quilt which is a testimate to both the outstanding down (ie. no feathers) and the highly down proof M55 fabric. It takes a little longer to loft up than average because of the low air permeability of the M55, but this gives you excellent water repellency and down proofing.

Designed to be as light as possible, this quilt has no cinch cord or snap around the neck....you just roll up in it like your blanket at home. This quilt is good to 35-40F with just baselayers. I've used it to 20F when adding a bunch of other warm layers inside so this quilt was my 3 season quilt. It also opens up into a blanket (as shown) which is great for warm nights, or it transforms into a regular quilt through the use of a foot end cinch cord, velcro and a snap. The snap is a bit stiff to use, so I like to exercise a bit of caution when using it so I don't harm the light fabrics. Quilt is 50" at the head, 50" at the hips and 30" at the feet. Works well for most average sized guys. I'm 5'11" 165 lbs and quite happy with the fit. Guys a lot thicker might want a bit more width but I use it for both back and side sleeping - even with some layers on in the winter.

Wendego A

quilt 45

3) ZPACKS CUSTOM CUBEN ZERO - SOLD
Lastly, this sweet like Zpacks Zero is for sale. Now that my trip itinerary for the summer is pretty much set, I've realized I won't be using this one as much as I thought since most of my hikes are longer hikes or with my wife. This pack has barely been used - just 2-3 days last summer. Pack is a 'small' (1500ci) but I asked Joe to make it a few inches taller (29" instead of 24") so there's extra volume at the top if you need, but if you don't it just rolls away with the roll top.

The material is durable 1.43oz olive green cuben. The pack is nicely equipped with a dry bag style roll top, rear mesh pocket, dual water bottle pockets, sternum strap and one side strap (for holding taller gear in a water bottle pocket like a tent or fishing rod). No hipbelt. Weighs just 5.17oz.

zero sale

Edited by dandydan on 06/14/2012 23:01:41 MDT.

Alan Greene
(AlanGreene3)
PM sent Zero on 06/07/2012 22:57:09 MDT Print View

PM sent on the Zero...

ruben orellana
(eli672)

Locale: los angeles
torso on the zero on 06/07/2012 23:58:06 MDT Print View

Hi Dan,

What's the torso length on the pack??

Dan Durston
(dandydan) - M

Zero is sold on 06/08/2012 06:38:25 MDT Print View

Zero is sold to Alan

Dan Durston
(dandydan) - M

Quilt sold, Echo available on 06/08/2012 13:15:14 MDT Print View

Quilt is now sold. Just the Echo I is still available.

R S
(rps76) - F
Re: Quilt sold, Echo available on 06/09/2012 08:10:16 MDT Print View

What shelter are you using now?

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
FS: HMG Echo 1 on 06/09/2012 12:51:56 MDT Print View

Come on guys, this is a pretty sweet price on the most bomb proof cuben fiber shelter on the market!!

Dan Durston
(dandydan) - M

Re: Re: Quilt sold, Echo available on 06/09/2012 13:23:49 MDT Print View

"What shelter are you using now?

I decided to switch to something a bit more enclosed, so I could pitch it in exposed alpine locations in the shoulder seasons and hunker down to wait out a snow squall etc. When not using the inner (with it's high bathtub walls) the Echo I is a bit small for that. The Echo could do this with some thought put into site selection (ie. find a sheltered spot) but I wanted to try something that could be pitched nearly anywhere.....so I bought a MLD DuoMid + Solo Inner a few days ago here on gear swap.

Edited by dandydan on 06/09/2012 13:24:55 MDT.

Dan Durston
(dandydan) - M

HMG Echo I Price Drop on 06/10/2012 13:04:39 MDT Print View

Price drop to $360 Shipped for the Echo I.

Edited by dandydan on 06/10/2012 13:05:49 MDT.

Dan Durston
(dandydan) - M

Echo I - Still for sale on 06/12/2012 12:34:55 MDT Print View

How about a few more nice pics of the Echo I:

Echo I - Cirque Lake

Echo I - Cheakamus Lake

Some short little snow walls work great in the winter:
Echo I - Deeks Lake

Dan Durston
(dandydan) - M

Echo I - Now $340 on 06/14/2012 19:51:06 MDT Print View

Price drop to $340....sweet pick up.

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
Re: Echo I - Still for sale on 06/14/2012 21:15:34 MDT Print View

Dan, dude sweet photo of the HMG in snow!! One of the best photos of a HMG I think I have seen!!

Anthony Weston
(anthonyweston) - MLife

Locale: Southern CA
e on 06/14/2012 21:57:39 MDT Print View

I'll take the echo 1 if it's still available.
Cheers,
Anthony

Dan Durston
(dandydan) - M

Echo Pending on 06/14/2012 22:36:22 MDT Print View

Thanks John.....that was a fun trip with another BPL'er.

Echo is pending to Anthony.

EDIT: Echo I is SOLD.

Edited by dandydan on 06/14/2012 23:02:14 MDT.