Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Fuel resupplying
Display Avatars Sort By:
Robert Burns
( - F

Locale: Cascades / Olympics (WET)
Fuel resupplying on 02/22/2007 11:51:36 MST Print View

My friend and i are going on a thru hike wer going to use denatured alcohl as our fuel source, and Iam wondering if anyone knows the best way to acquire the fuel along the way. We are going to be on the PCT in the summer months from Southern OR to central WA>.

Douglas Frick
(Otter) - MLife

Locale: Wyoming
Re: Fuel resupplying on 02/22/2007 15:01:29 MST Print View

Hardware stores (such as Ace) usually carry denatured alcohol, often in metal quart cans in the paint section. Kleen-Strip S-L-X is a good brand. If you have any question about whether you're buying the right stuff, check the can to see if it says "for marine stoves".

Edited by Otter on 02/22/2007 15:01:59 MST.