Forum Index » GEAR » UL mosguito net for hammock

Display Avatars Sort By:
Devon Cloud
(devoncloud)

Locale: Southwest
UL mosguito net for hammock on 05/31/2012 10:43:03 MDT Print View

anyone know where to purchase a UL mosquito net for a hammock that is already pre-made? Not much of a DIY guy, and the only ones I have found so far are two heavy for me to use my UL hammock during the buggy season.

Walter Carrington
(Snowleopard) - M

Locale: Mass.
UL mosguito net for hammock on 05/31/2012 11:13:11 MDT Print View

Randy Smith/Papa Smurf occasionally posts on BPL. He sells 'bug socks' in tulle (1.87 to 2.5 oz) and noseeum (5.5 to 8oz). I haven't used them (not a hammocker), but he's given excellent service on things I have ordered.
http://www.dream-hammock.com/#ecwid:category=2278226&inview=product9610147&mode=category&offset=0&sort=normal

Kevin Babione
(KBabione) - MLife

Locale: Pennsylvania
UL Mosquito Net for Hammocking on 05/31/2012 11:36:35 MDT Print View

I have the dp Hammock bug net. It weighs less than an ounce and works pretty well. At $12.95 (and they usually have them in stock) it might be worth a try for you.

One thing I've learned about it though - the tulle blows off you in the slightest breeze. This past weekend I spent a bunch of time with it and found the solution to that - I borrowed six of my daughter's "snap barrets" and use them (3 to a side) to hold the tulle against the hammock. You could probably use paper clips equally well, but the snap barretts seem to work really well.

Devon Cloud
(devoncloud)

Locale: Southwest
thanks on 05/31/2012 13:39:20 MDT Print View

awesome, thanks guys :)

windsor ak
(windsor) - M

Locale: MN
bug net on 05/31/2012 18:11:13 MDT Print View

Wildernesslogics.com 8 oz
Warbonnetoutdoors.com 7.5 oz
Arrowheadequipment.webs.com 5 oz
Dream-hammock.com 1.87 oz - 8 oz

Edited by windsor on 05/31/2012 18:11:48 MDT.

Steve Meier
(smeier) - MLife

Locale: Midwest
Tulle not worth it on 06/02/2012 07:56:41 MDT Print View

I bought the bug sock from Randy and absolutely love the design however I had him make it in tulle to save some weight and it ripped in several places the first time out. Not worth the weight savings. Go with true bug netting rather than the tulle.