Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Climashield Apex 2.5oz
Display Avatars Sort By:
Sean Rhoades
(kingpin)

Locale: WV
Climashield Apex 2.5oz on 05/26/2012 22:29:56 MDT Print View

So I've been gathering materials for a warm weather quilt and I just received my 2.5oz Apex insulation from Thru-Hiker. Upon examining it, it seems to be much more thin in some areas and thicker in others. There is even a strip right through the middle where it looks like it's been seamed together or something. It just looks real patchy.

What I'm wondering is if this is just what the lighter Apex looks like, or did I get a bad piece, or am I just being overly critical?

Could someone please shed some light on this for me?

Jamie Klein
(jasklein)

Locale: Louisville
Same on 05/27/2012 11:07:10 MDT Print View

Mine I bought a couple weeks ago was like that also. Didn't have any problems using it in my quilt.

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Locale: Minnesota
Re: Same on 05/27/2012 12:37:32 MDT Print View

Very normal for that weight.

Sean Rhoades
(kingpin)

Locale: WV
Re: Re: Same on 05/27/2012 18:39:34 MDT Print View

Thanks fellas, this is my first experience with this stuff and was just unsure.

Chad Poindexter
(Stick) - F

Locale: Wet & Humid Southeast....
Re: Same on 05/27/2012 19:49:22 MDT Print View

Sean, I too recently got 2 yds of the same 2.5 oz/sqyd Climashield Apex from thru-hiker just last week and noticed the same thing as what you describe. However, as evidenced by some of the post's here already, it looks like it is a normal thing. Also, with my limited history of ordering from Thru Hiker, as well as the many others that use his materials and praise his stuff, I feel like if it was not acceptable, he wouldn't have shipped it. Just my thoughts.

Anyway, good luck with your quilt!