Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
I got my Blackrock vest
Display Avatars Sort By:
Nathan Stuart
(forest.)

Locale: Hunter Valley - Australia
I got my Blackrock vest on 05/15/2012 15:32:30 MDT Print View

Man is this thing sweeeeet. I just sat on the lounge last night swooning over it. The loft is awesome and the 7d feels great.
My wife commented that she wished I would rub her like I was touching the vest....... Did I mention the 7d feels great.....LOL

Large weigh's in at 124 grams. Fit's me great.
I cannot get over how puffy this little thing is. Single loft is around 1" when it's not on me. That drops down to about 3/4" when it's wrapped around me but it's so warm.
I really need to have a re-think on layers now as this this is toasty for a vest.
Great 2" high collar and that baby has about 1 1/4" loft, it's crazy puff all round !!!

The down puffs up so quickly after compression, like 10 seconds and wham !! it's puff time.
I think it's the 7d as there must be next to no resistance for the down with this whispy light fabric.

Anyone that's sorta on the fence, Go on. Jump off. I'm glad I did.

Edited by forest. on 05/15/2012 15:33:32 MDT.

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
I got my Blackrock vest on 05/15/2012 16:33:50 MDT Print View

Hi Nathan,
sorry to hear that your camera is not working, do you plan to get another one ?
Franco

josh wagner
(StainlessSteel) - F
900 on 05/15/2012 22:35:59 MDT Print View

the fast puff is from the 900 fill, excellent quality down that blackrock uses. that is a piece that i'd love to have if i was loaded...

Scott Simcox
(Simco) - F - M

Locale: Nashville
Re: I got my Blackrock vest on 05/15/2012 22:51:00 MDT Print View

Is there a lighter vest?

KEN LARSON
(KENLARSON) - MLife

Locale: Western Michigan
Sizing on 05/16/2012 04:26:56 MDT Print View

No unisize or SMALL size offered. Loosing a portion of the BPL community.

Nathan Watts
(7sport) - MLife
Re: Re: I got my Blackrock vest on 05/16/2012 06:54:35 MDT Print View

"Is there a lighter vest?"

Montbell used to sell an ExLight vest that was lighter. It was 7d fabric and 900fp down as well, just a little less of it.

Nathan Watts
(7sport) - MLife
Re: Sizing on 05/16/2012 06:58:25 MDT Print View

"No unisize or SMALL size offered. Loosing a portion of the BPL community."

The production runs typically sell out quite rapidly, so I don't think they can produce enough of the sizes they already offer to satisfy demand, never mind trying to expand to capture more of the BPL market

john Tier
(Peter_pan) - M

Locale: Co-Owner Jacks 'R' Better, LLC, VA
vest under 5 oz on 05/16/2012 08:03:04 MDT Print View

Got the Blackrock down vest prototype XL a week or two back...Under 5 oz in size XL.... Fits my 5-11, 186 frame well...close though...Used it at the Spring MAHHA...nice and warm... allowed me to stretch my 40* Sierra Stealth to comfort at the MAHHA's 31-32* nights.

Pan