Forum Index » Make Your Own Gear » Looking for someone to modify my Wild Oasis

Display Avatars Sort By:
Andy Anderson
(ianders) - F

Locale: Southeast
Looking for someone to modify my Wild Oasis on 05/14/2012 15:49:25 MDT Print View

I'd like to find someone to add a Silnylon floor to my SMD Wild Oasis. Let me know if you are interested.

Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Locale: The WOODS
Adding a floor to your SMD Wild Oasis on 05/14/2012 16:08:12 MDT Print View

I can't do it for you but here is a peice of advice. It looks like from the pictures like the bug netting attaches to the tarp at or very near the edge. It looks like to me that water could run off the edge of the tarp and than down the bug net. If that happens I'm not sure you want a bathtube floor to collect all the water.

Andy Anderson
(ianders) - F

Wild Oasis on 05/14/2012 18:26:50 MDT Print View

Good call! I didn't really think about that. I have been using a piece of Tyvek cut to overlap the netting by avbout 6" or so. Works great, but I enjoy the "tent feel". Maybe a flat zip in or snap on floor.

Andy Anderson
(ianders) - F

BPW Designs on 05/14/2012 18:30:14 MDT Print View

Nevermind. Just did a Google search and found BearPaw Wilderness Designs did the exact thing on this one.

http://www.bearpawwd.com/custom/custom_images/cwildoasisfloor.jpg

I'll contact John.

Maybe see if he can remove the bottom 6" or 8" of mesh and make the floor that much bigger. It would give it more of a bathtub floor.

michael levi
(M.L) - F

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles
re on 01/09/2013 21:38:54 MST Print View

Did you ever get this done?

Andy Anderson
(ianders) - F

Yep on 01/11/2013 06:49:07 MST Print View

I did get this mod done and it is great. John with BPWD did an excellent job and had it back to me in about a week. I would highly recomend it. I haven't weighed it, but I doubt it added more tham 3-4 oz to the weight. It's now a fully enclosed tent at less than 20 oz. Keep in mind its not a bathtub floor, so site selection is still important...as always.