Thanks Everyone
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jonathan Meade
(Jon42574) - F
Thanks Everyone on 02/18/2007 12:10:18 MST Print View

Just wanted to thank all the people who post on here. The info I found helped me complete my first diy gear, a down quilt for two. The shell is momentum 90, stuffed with 900 fill down. Here are some pics1bottom

Miles Barger
(milesbarger) - F - M

Locale: West Virginia
Re: Thanks Everyone on 02/18/2007 12:35:38 MST Print View

Wow, that looks incredibly comfy! Care to share measurements, construction instructions, etc.?

R Alsborg
(FastWalker) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
Re: Re: Thanks Everyone on 02/18/2007 13:05:35 MST Print View

Nice job Jonathan!

I'd like to second that Wow!

Considering the craftsmanship not to mention the loft, I'd add extravagant to Miles comfy.

Regards

Jonathan Meade
(Jon42574) - F
re on 02/19/2007 17:44:05 MST Print View

I got the Idea from Jeremy Padgett's article on thru-hiker http://www.thru-hiker.com/workshop.asp?subcat=5&cid=6 . Since I already owned 2 thermarest pro light 3's I used them for the bottom and just extended the measurements to accomodate the pads. Silk dyed black was used for holding the pads together for now until I figure out something better. I also took the risk of using velcro to hold the top and bottoms together since I dont mind not having a zipper and 6 buttons located at strategic points so I can only open it a third of the way at a time (in case I/we get too hot) If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me. Jon