Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Packs FS: Vapor Trail, GG Mariposa, GoLite Jam 2, Mountainsmith Ghost, Dana Direct
Display Avatars Sort By:
Mark Hespenheide
(mhespenheide) - F

Locale: Wasatch and Redrock
Packs FS: Vapor Trail, GG Mariposa, Dana Direct (price drops) on 05/09/2012 22:35:45 MDT Print View

A motley collection of packs for sale, since every year or two I try a new one. I'm a photographer, though, and I'm addicted to bringing a big ol' heavy SLR and tripod with me, so while I use lightweight gear for everything else, I like more support with my pack. Consequently, most of these haven't seen much or any trail mileage. Shameful. All prices include paypal fees and shipping. I'll consider offers, but lowballs will be cheerfully ignored. PM me.

Granite Gear Vapor Trail, large/long torso. $95. Never used.

granite gear vapor trail

[sold!]
Gossamer Gear Mariposa, large/long. $95. Also never used. Uses a Z-rest pad to add padding and support (not included). Comes with two stays, and padded shoulder straps.

[sold!]
GoLite Jam 2, large/long torso. Used a handful of times -- five or six times? $90. Very good condition.

[sold!]
Mountainsmith Ghost, the original version; I think that it's a large/long torso. $85. Very good condition.

And lastly, a long shot: Dana Designs ArcLight Direct. Large/Long torso, medium hipbelt. $100 OBO before it heads to eBay, where they seem to be pricey. My main pack for a decade of 3-5 trips per year, including the John Muir trail in 2004. With 65 pounds of gear, camera equipment, and food. Probably ~200 days total. Professionally repaired after chewed on by a marmot at the boulder field on Long's Peak. Carries best in the high 30's to mid-40-pounds. Just if anyone's interested. For its time, lightweight and minimalist...
dana direct

If anyone's curious, my photography is online at markhespenheide.com, so you can judge for yourself if I should stop carrying the tripod, camera, and lenses.

Thanks for the interest.

Edited by mhespenheide on 12/11/2012 10:49:32 MST.

Vadim Fedorovsky
(socrates)
pm on 05/09/2012 23:13:21 MDT Print View

sent

Mark Hespenheide
(mhespenheide) - F

PM responded on 05/10/2012 00:24:40 MDT Print View

Vadim is interested in the Jam; I'd like to see if anyone's interested in the Vapor Trail, since I want to hold on to one of the two.

John M
(noreaster)

Locale: North of Some, South of a Few
GG MARIPOSA on 05/10/2012 12:50:12 MDT Print View

Pm sent re: MARIPOSA

Lili Bishop
(lilibishop) - F

Locale: The State w/o a National Park
Re: Packs FS: Vapor Trail, GG Mariposa, GoLite Jam 2, Mountainsmith Ghost, Dana Direct on 07/02/2012 13:01:12 MDT Print View

did you sell all your packs? i might be interested.

Mark Hespenheide
(mhespenheide) - F

Update on 07/06/2012 18:40:45 MDT Print View

I apologize for not replying earlier; I was out on trail in one the the lower 48's hidden gems for backpacking, Utah's Uintah mountains. I recommend them highly...

Only the Ghost has sold so far. For the time being, at least, the others are all still available, although a couple of people have expressed interest.

Thanks!

Bren Knowles
(actionpocket)
photography on 07/06/2012 23:09:10 MDT Print View

Keep haulin that 120 brother

Mark Shipley
(shipleymd)

Locale: Inland Northwest
Re: Packs FS: Vapor Trail, GG Mariposa, GoLite Jam 2, Mountainsmith Ghost, Dana Direct on 12/08/2012 15:29:18 MST Print View

If you still have the jam2 and if it's large, I 'need' it immediately because my old 2007 jam2 is showing it's wear and I gotta replace it. Thanks.

janos mathiesen
(janosm) - M

Locale: phinney ridge
mariposa on 12/08/2012 17:25:55 MST Print View

Just curious... what year is that mariposa? Does anyone know the difference between the mariposa and mariposa plus?

Martin Van Laarhoven
(vtrek)

Locale: NorthEast
camera weight on 12/08/2012 18:25:42 MST Print View

I just checked out a whole bunch of your photos and I say keep carrying the whole thing. Your pics are awesome! Keep up the good work. I'm gonna go bookmark your page so I can check back every-so-often to see whats new.
vtrek

Mark Hespenheide
(mhespenheide) - F

replies on 12/08/2012 20:59:44 MST Print View

Mark, my apologies -- the GoLite is sold. I've seen others listed here recently, though.

Janos, I believe the Mariposa is from the end of the year in 2006, or early 2007. I don't know how the Mariposa Plus is different. As I looked at the "plus" a few years ago online, they looked pretty similar. I'm happy to answer any questions, though. As I said, never used.

Martin, thanks! I don't update the website very often, though, because it's hand-coded html and therefore a pain. I need to join the 21st century and get someone to write a back-end for it... I should do the annual update in a month or so.