Forum Index » Editor's Roundtable » Success and Failure on the Colorado Trail

Display Avatars Sort By:
Kerry Rodgers
(klrodgers) - MLife

Locale: North Texas
beautiful and soulful on 05/14/2012 21:00:38 MDT Print View

Awesome work, Luke. Very good pics. I'm still looking forward to my first "long trip", and this gave me a good taste to keep on looking.

Samuel C. Farrington
(scfhome) - M

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA
Success and Failure on the Colorado Trail on 05/15/2012 19:12:50 MDT Print View

Great photos, Luke, and I enjoyed the article even more.
Wondering if that was Lake City you visited for a day after Snow Mesa. Looked unsuccessfully for another Twin Lakes near Spring Creek Pass, and couldn't find one.
Have wanted to do Cochetopa and La Garita for a long time, but so far haven't got to it. Your account and photos are much more interesting and gave a better sense of what the trail is really like than any guidebook I've run across.
Hope your ankle is restored and you can get back to Weminuche sometime. If you have a chance, visit Virginia's at the north end of Vallecito Lake. Really enjoyed the times I spent there.

Edited by scfhome on 05/15/2012 19:20:20 MDT.

Carl Arvizu
(carvizu) - MLife

Locale: Colorado Rockies
Re: Thanks for the insight! on 11/06/2012 12:06:18 MST Print View

Rick,

I see you're planning a CT thru-hike summer 2013. So am I. Any interest trekking as a team?

I'm beggining my planning for a solo hike because I don't know any thru-hikers(see my post: Colorado Trail Partner on 11-5-12). I'd prefer to find a partner--safety considerations, company, and begin meeting folks with the same spirit of advanture. My wife would worry alot less too!

According to your info you live just north of me. I live in Monument, CO. If you're interested and have not made any firm plans maybe we can dialogue and see if a partner thru-hike is possible.

Carl (cps.extra@gmail.com)