Forum Index » Pre-Trip Planning » Bay Area GGG 5.0

Display Avatars Sort By:
Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: Manufacturers at Bay Area GGG 5.0 on 10/28/2012 08:44:01 MDT Print View

Should be a whole new dynamic this time around. I too am looking forward to the folks behind the gear.

Picnic tables and some portable tables should be enough. I have a roll up table. Anyone else have something?

As always feel free to PM me or if you are locked out e mail me kenthompson2(at)mac.com

Remember the GGG is open to all BPL members and guests.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: Re: Bay Area GGG 5.0 on 10/28/2012 10:54:44 MDT Print View

"Last thing I want to see is Ken H. running around naked and looking to share a tent with someone."

Don't worry Tony, as I will NOT be attending. One less Jacka++ to deal with. Thank you.

Tony Wong
(Valshar) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Who Can Come to the Bay Area GGG 5.0 on 10/28/2012 12:20:57 MDT Print View

Point of clarification about the GGG....Ken T. correct me if I am wrong.

The GGG is open to everyone....even if you are NOT a BPL Member.

Does not matter if you are MLifer, Regular paying member, Registered Guest of BPL (non-paying), or if you just happen to browse the forums and don't have an account of any sort here.

This is about having fun and hanging out with people who enjoy backpacking/the outdoors.

Heck, if you are totally new to backpacking and simply want to see a ton of backpacking gear that HAPPENS to be lightweight/ultralight...PLEASE come out!

This is NOT a Gathering of UL/Lightweight Snobs!!!

One of the great things about the Gathering of Gear Geeks is that it is a great opportunity for you to see and touch gear that you can only find online, make new friends and find hiking partners for future trips, share/gain wisdom for others about how to use gear and where to go to take trips, and to just have a good time.

Great thing is that even if you are shy or introverted, you have the best ice breaker possible....a common love of the outdoors.

That said, hope to see you all out there.

-Tony

BPLers 2012 GGG: Henry Coe State Park, CA.

BPLers 3rd Annual 2011 GGG: Henry Coe State Park, CA.

BPLers 2011 GGG: Henry Coe State Park, CA.

Special Video Made by EJ Documenting the 2011 GGG
Backpackers Gone Wild: BPL 3rd Annual SF Bay Area Gathering of Gear Geeks (GGG) Jan 26-27, 2011.

Edited by Valshar on 10/28/2012 12:44:03 MDT.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: Who Can Come to the Bay Area GGG 5.0 on 10/28/2012 12:44:26 MDT Print View

and Tony, if you could please. Delete any offensive pictures of me from the third annual one. I feel as if they misrepresent me and feel that I would rather have others judge me on a more better light. Thank you.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: Who Can Come to the Bay Area GGG 5.0 on 10/28/2012 12:54:15 MDT Print View

Yes Tony anyone can attend.

Tony Wong
(Valshar) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Who Can Come to the Bay Area GGG 5.0 on 10/28/2012 13:38:05 MDT Print View

Ken T.,

Go you got it....will get it done.

Will PM you.

-Tony