(NateB123) - MLife
jacket on 03/21/2013 08:35:55 MDT Print View

This is back on their website.
I wonder if REI will stock it.

http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/mens-m10-jacket?p=84171-0-497

Sean Passanisi
(passanis) - MLife
Update? on 06/06/2013 10:42:18 MDT Print View

Has anyone tried the new M10? Curious to know how it fares without pit zips.

Brian Phillips
(Fleab) - MLife

Locale: The Flat Lands
Re: Update? on 06/06/2013 13:37:36 MDT Print View

I picked one up last week and so far I am thrilled with my purchase. Weighs 8.4 oz on my scale (size large) but somehow feels extremely durable at the same time. I had a chance to do a 2 mile fitness hike in the rain last weekend and it performed wonderfully. I finally own a WPB jacket that I actually find to be breathable. The temp outside was a humid 69 F. I was wearing a short sleeve, lightweight Capilene crew underneath and never felt clammy as I used to with my old Precip jacket. I can honestly say that pit zips were not missed.

Sean Passanisi
(passanis) - MLife
Re: Re: Update? on 06/06/2013 13:52:16 MDT Print View

Wow! Brian, you have me excited. How do you feel about sizing? I'm normally a small in Patagonia but found the M10 a bit baggy in small. The x-small actually worked pretty well but was a bit tight when layering over an ultralight down hoody.

I need to figure out how often I will be layering. I'm wondering if I can use this in cooler weather instead of my 2013 Houdini, which per recent reports is no longer as breathable as before.

Nathan Watts
(7sport) - MLife
Re: Re: Re: Update? on 06/06/2013 14:34:58 MDT Print View

"I'm wondering if I can use this in cooler weather instead of my 2013 Houdini,"

I'm not suggesting you can't use the M10 in place of a Houdini for a cold weather windshirt (I do this myself on occasion) but be aware that even though the Houdini doesn't breathe well by wind shirt standards its probably at least one order of magnitude better than a WPB jacket

Brian Phillips
(Fleab) - MLife

Locale: The Flat Lands
Re: Re: Re: Update? on 06/06/2013 18:13:45 MDT Print View

The fit is perfect for me. I normally wear a size large in Patagonia so that's what I ordered. For reference I am 6' tall and 193 lbs. They advertise a slim fit so I was worried if a large would work for my layering system. For 3 season trips to the rockies I normally wear a light weight long sleeve merino tee, a button up OR long sleeve and a Montbell UL down parka. The M10 fits over everything like a charm. Just enough room for mobility and allowing the Montbell to fully loft. My only gripe is I wish there was an inch or two more length. I guess I'll just tuck in my shirt tail when it's raining.

Matthew H
(vision-quest) - F - M

Locale: Portland, Oregon
Sale on 06/21/2014 19:42:16 MDT Print View

Has anyone managed to snag one of these on sale? The only ones I've seen under the super pricey MSRP are the unwanted sizes (XL/XXL).

Rick M
(rmjapan) - F

Locale: London, UK
Re: Sale on 06/22/2014 02:26:46 MDT Print View

Patagonia.com might have it on sale during their semiannual 50% off sales in Feb-Mar and Aug-Sept. In the meantime, I suggest calling their Outlet stores. I seem to recall their Freeport, Maine store has some pretty good deals on past season colors.

But as nice as the M10 is, I think unless you do a lot of scrambling/climbing I would choose a different jacket for Summer hiking. Something with pit zips like the Montbell Versalite or new Helium HD. You may not need the venting, but it is nice to have the option. You might even discover you can leave the wind jacket at home when taking a full-featured UL shell like the Versalite.

Edited by rmjapan on 06/22/2014 02:27:50 MDT.

Samuel C. Farrington
(scfhome) - M

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA
M10s on Sale on 06/22/2014 22:37:55 MDT Print View

I had no problem finding several vendors with M10s on sale in the late fall, and sent an email to Santa, who also happens to be my brother, with the best link, Backcountry Edge. It was a over a hundred off with free shipping. This time of year, when folks are gearing up for trips, the sales are not so good.

Matthew H
(vision-quest) - F - M

Locale: Portland, Oregon
Re: M10s on Sale on 06/22/2014 23:45:57 MDT Print View

Thanks for the tip, I'm new to the US so I'm not quite up with the sale seasons yet.