(skillet0) - F

Locale: SW Michigan
Big Agnes Clearview Sample Pad $25 on 04/25/2012 09:59:28 MDT Print View

https://www.bigagnes.com/Products/Detail/Pad/ClearviewSamplePad

Joseph R
(Dianoda) - MLife

Locale: Chicago, IL
Re: Big Agnes Clearview Sample Pad $25 on 04/25/2012 10:10:17 MDT Print View

Nice. At $25 bucks they're practically disposable. And lightweight to boot.

P S
(xeren) - F

Locale: Southern California
comfy? on 04/25/2012 10:25:52 MDT Print View

anyone know how comfy these are? they say they're rated to 35 degrees, that's not bad

mark r
(markfrommd) - F

Locale: CO and the PNW
hm on 04/25/2012 11:02:18 MDT Print View

Any thoughts on how small these will pack down?

edit: Almost grabbed one but $15 shipping is a killer.

Edited by markfrommd on 04/25/2012 11:28:41 MDT.

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: hm on 04/25/2012 11:11:22 MDT Print View

under the photo in the link provided in the op, click on (pad specs chart) and it gives all the info including weight,rolled size according to which size you are interested in.,r value ect.

Edited by annapurna on 04/25/2012 11:18:54 MDT.

Paul Hatfield
(clear_blue_skies) - F
Clearview on 04/25/2012 15:58:04 MDT Print View

> they say they're rated to 35 degrees, that's not bad

It's just an air pad... no insulation.

It's probably comfy, just like the normal Clearview. The actual weight is probably about 1 ounce heavier than listed, judging from my normal Clearview.

Chad Billsby
(Billz107) - MLife

Locale: Up North
Not as comfy... on 04/26/2012 07:06:22 MDT Print View

I purchased several of these pads due to the low weight and good price. I immediately sent them back after testing one out on the floor.

The cut outs reduce the weight, but also reduce the structure. They allow the tubes to deform enough that you can feel the ground through th holes. I thought it might work like a Klimit X frame, but since the holes are not strategically placed it does not. I did not find the pad comfortable at all, and it certainly didn't keep me off the ground like my Neoair.

Maybe this is the reason the design from these samples hasn't made its way to the production offerings.

Mark Barnett
(beyondsundaymorning) - F

Locale: Way Down South In Dixie
Would The Clearview Sample Pads Work For Scouts? on 05/21/2012 15:19:29 MDT Print View

At only $25 I was thinking about purchasing two of these pads for my sons who are in Boy Scouts. They are fairly small boys so they don't weigh much. One of the people posting here said you could feel the ground when using it because of the holes that are in it. If anyone has tried these, do you think they would be ok for a younger teenager who doesn't weigh a lot and might not mash it down so much?

Thanks

Chad Billsby
(Billz107) - MLife

Locale: Up North
Touching the Ground on 05/22/2012 06:12:02 MDT Print View

They may be comfortable for smaller users who don't weigh much. However, I think that that much more of their body would fit into the holes. I really don't think they would be that comfortable. I do have to say that Big Agnes customer service was great and refunded my money before they even received the pads back from me.

Tad Englund
(bestbuilder) - F - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Would The Clearview Sample Pads Work For Scouts? on 05/22/2012 10:03:48 MDT Print View

I can't imagine that these pads would work below 50* for a cold sleeper. The holes seem too small for any amount of insulation from a sleeping bag to loft into the holes.
The regular Clearviews are also way to fragile for a normal scout.
YMMV