POE Peak Elite AC
Display Avatars Sort By:
Tommy Franzen
(Tomlike) - F

Locale: Pacific Wonderland
POE Peak Elite AC on 04/20/2012 11:09:46 MDT Print View

Sierra Trading Post has the Peak Elite AC for $49.95, with a 20% coupon you can essentially get free shipping on it

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/pacific-outdoor-equipment-peak-elite-ac-sleeping-pad-inflatable-regular~p~4783a/?utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_medium=PaidShopping&utm_term=Pacific_Outdoor_Equipment_Peak_Elite_Ac_Sleeping_Pad_-_Inflatable_Regular&utm_campaign=PCGOOGLEB2&codes-processed=true

Steven Adeff
(TinCanFury) - F

Locale: Boston
sadly, a do not buy on 04/20/2012 11:27:25 MDT Print View

all sort of problems with this pad, and horrible support.

P S
(xeren) - F

Locale: Southern California
agreed on 04/20/2012 11:34:31 MDT Print View

yep, i almost bought one of these until i started reading about all the issues people were having with it. holding out for an xtherm now.

Ryan Elsey
(paintballswimguy) - F

Locale: Kansas City
I had one on 04/20/2012 11:40:58 MDT Print View

I had one of these and returned it after the first night. It was miserable to sleep on compared to a neoair. But that's just my opinion.

Tommy Franzen
(Tomlike) - F

Locale: Pacific Wonderland
oops! on 04/20/2012 12:01:43 MDT Print View

I momentarily forgot about all of the negative reviews of this pad. Don't be blinded by the price! FWIW, I love my Synmat UL 7!

Joseph R
(Dianoda) - MLife

Locale: Chicago, IL
Re: I had one on 04/20/2012 12:03:46 MDT Print View

I also have one of these pads - it's been on 5 trips and developed leaks at least 3 times. I've always babied it in handling - always used it with a bivi or some kind of groundsheet on soft ground (ie, grass, dead leaves). Honestly, I think the leaks somehow developed in pack on the trail. For example, I try the pad at home a day before the trip, it holds air fine (24hr after inflation it still has decent firmness), then I hump it with me all day in my pack, make camp and all of a sudden it can't hold air for more than an hour. Not fun at all when the ground is freezing and you can't get any sleep.

I'm not saying it's a bad pad or anything, but based on my personal experiences with my pad I just don't trust it enough to use it anymore, which is a shame, because it was great when it actually worked, and is super light for a full length pad at around 11oz. Haven't yet bothered with POE customer service, as I'm ready to move on anyways. Currently waiting for REI to get the xtherm in stock - planning to blow the rest of my dividend on the 2/3rds version.

Edited by Dianoda on 04/20/2012 12:05:45 MDT.

Joseph R
(Dianoda) - MLife

Locale: Chicago, IL
Re: Re: I had one on 04/20/2012 12:05:03 MDT Print View

Edit: double post!

Edited by Dianoda on 04/20/2012 12:06:25 MDT.

drowning in spam
(leaftye) - F

Locale: SoCal
Re: POE Peak Elite AC on 04/20/2012 12:10:41 MDT Print View

I might buy one. Mine worked great for months until it blew into bushes that shredded it. I'll try to fix it, and if I can't, I'll probably buy another.

Ben Crocker
(alexdrewreed) - M

Locale: Kentucky
Leaky on 04/20/2012 12:16:02 MDT Print View

I bought 3. 2 of them leak.

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
Re: Re: POE Peak Elite AC on 04/20/2012 12:31:42 MDT Print View

I have one, and have slept on it twice. No leaks so far, and for me it's been the best-supporting mattress I've ever used...but it just feels cold to me, so I spent my REI dividend on an xlite. The cold feeling may have to do with the deep channels between the tubes, or maybe there's just not enough insulation for me.