I have no luck finding "maps of trails". It is easy to find trail maps, but not maps that show how the trails intersect (so I can plan my own loops, etc.). For select places like Weminuche, no problem, but most places it is tough. Any clues?
PROBLEM: I have poured through books and scoured the web for trails in the Cloudcroft NM area and have zilch. Anybody got any trail info or sources of info?
1. trip will be in june (hot in texas)
2. 2 old men (55 but look like 70 and feel like 90))
3. 2 or 3 nights
4. seek backcountry (don't want to dodge 4 wheelers, etc.)
5. drive from san antonio tx
1. heat is bad (guadalupe mts are awesome but to hot in june)
2. water in the field is good (packing water is not wonderful)
3. we want shortest drive (Gila is a tad far, Ruidoso is ok, Cloudcroft nicer...)