Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Crazy Golite Sale
Display Avatars Sort By:
mark mark
(markie0mark0) - F
Golite Shipping on 04/29/2012 05:11:08 MDT Print View

Its a shame they dont ship to the UK, i have a huge list of things in my basket :(

Greg F
(GregF) - F

Locale: Canadian Rockies
International Shipping on 04/29/2012 07:48:30 MDT Print View

Did you give them a call? They might be able to help you out that way.

Even for orders to Canada you cant use the website and have to phone them instead.

Tommy Thompson
(wasser) - F

Locale: Northern CA
Re: Golite Shipping on 04/29/2012 09:25:11 MDT Print View

mark, I don't have experience with international shipping from Golite, but, as greg said, Golite asks you to call for international orders.

"International customers should call customer service to receive an accurate shipping estimate."

Golite Shipping info

Edited by wasser on 04/29/2012 09:25:59 MDT.

Bren Knowles
(actionpocket)
coupon? on 04/29/2012 13:14:45 MDT Print View

Does anyone have an extra one of these mysterious coupons that I could use? I am looking to buy a 1+ quilt and a jacket. It would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
B

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: coupon? on 04/29/2012 13:24:24 MDT Print View

Not mysterious just sign in and do a review.

Keith Bassett
(keith_bassett)

Locale: Pacific NW
Re: Re: even more of a discount on 05/01/2012 12:35:47 MDT Print View

>i wonder how much i saved the BPL community with my post about the review code? or >maybe i should say i wonder how much the BPL community spent because of me. lol

Saved me $25. Cost me $110. Worth it. I now own an RS 1+ Quilt. Awesome!

Robb Watts
(rwatts) - M

Locale: Western PA
Just got my stuff from the sale on 05/02/2012 20:03:15 MDT Print View

Never got an email but only took 6 days. Umbrella is cute, I'm sure I'm gonna get razzed by the rest of the group in head to toe gore-tex. Hope I don't freeze to death (they would just laugh harder). Have a question about the Quest pack I got; where the perimeter frame curly cues down onto the hip belt (see close-up detail on web site), it sits in a circular pocket that appears to be zippered onto the waist belt. What's up with that?

Tyler H
(ctwnwood) - F

Locale: Utah
tarp in action on 05/02/2012 21:36:38 MDT Print View

Got my poncho-tarp out for a night last weekend, thought I'd share this pitch that I was really happy with.

golite tarp

Randy Martin
(randalmartin) - F

Locale: Colorado
Re: tarp in action on 05/02/2012 21:58:44 MDT Print View

Glad you posted that. I was thinking about a pitch just like that today with my Poncho. I typically use a flying diamond (roomy side entrance) or half pyramid (storm) but the pitch you used provides some nice overhead room.

Bobby Lee
(rblee) - F
never ending sale? on 05/04/2012 09:24:25 MDT Print View

this sale never ends, is this the new way everything is going to cost at golite you think? I ordered a few items and they arent bad at all - poncho tarp, down quilt. with the 20% off coupon the prices seem too low.

K C
(KalebC) - F

Locale: South West
RE: Sale on 05/05/2012 09:47:41 MDT Print View

I think the sale will end soon. My theory is that since they are going direct now they need to get their name out there and make a ton of customers happy, this will lead to good words and lifelong customers. This may go down as the greatest sale if you factor in the extra 20%

brian H
(B14) - M

Locale: Siskiyou Mtns
Re: tarp in action on 05/05/2012 10:15:35 MDT Print View

so it's 42.3 sq ft but what are the dimensions??
you'd think data as basic as that would be listed
...or is it just me?

Jason Schafer
(jjschafer) - MLife
golite women's jam LG in clearnance is $50 on 05/05/2012 21:27:42 MDT Print View

The old women's jam large is in clearance for $50 ($40 with 20% coupon)...the torso is the same as men's medium. $40 plus shipping is a deal for this pack. (Available in all three colors. You can dye the pack black if you don't care for the green or blue). Just a thought.

Ben F
(tekhna) - F
Re: golite women's jam LG in clearnance is $50 on 05/06/2012 11:12:59 MDT Print View

Any idea how the women's large fits? My girlfriend is pretty tall, ~5'9" 5'10" or so, if I remember right.

Edited by tekhna on 05/06/2012 11:27:53 MDT.

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: Re: golite women's jam LG in clearnance is $50 on 05/06/2012 12:18:59 MDT Print View

check her torso length,and it gives sizes according to torso length on the the page below the photo,how tall she is has nothing to do with it.

Kevin Manley
(manleyk) - F - MLife

Locale: Denver-ish
Re: Re: coupon? on 05/06/2012 23:00:58 MDT Print View

Is there a difference in Golite's temp ratings for men's and women's sleeping bags? My girlfriend got a men's Adrenaline, and it doesn't seem any warmer than my stoic 30F bag.

Thanks,
Kevin

Steve P
(swillhiker)
Late to the game..... on 05/07/2012 05:54:58 MDT Print View

Anyone heard from GoLite on when they'll be back in stock on some items? I'm looking for a quilt, but I'm guessing I've missed the window.

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: Late to the game..... on 05/07/2012 08:12:01 MDT Print View

quilts will not be in stock again till August,so no more for the sale.

Steve P
(swillhiker)
Re: Re: Late to the game..... on 05/07/2012 08:24:23 MDT Print View

Thanks for that, saves me from trying to get through to them on the phone!

f b
(xxtraloud) - F
backpacks on 05/07/2012 09:17:45 MDT Print View

i am not familiar with Golite prices but from what I read in this thread it seems the deal is still good.

I have a baltoro 75 and looking at the weight of some golite backpacks i almost feel like a fool carrying all that weight (the baltoro is almost 6 lbs). How comfortable are golite backpacks compare to the baltoro, and what are the tradeoffs.

Also i was wondering about their quilts. I have a non insulate Exped UL basic pad, from what I understand the quilts don't provide any insulation on the bottom. Would this setup be cold for temps around 40/50F?

thanks!