Sites to post trip reports?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Chris S
(csteutterman) - F

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Sites to post trip reports? on 04/13/2012 12:32:29 MDT Print View

I was hoping to create my own website where I can post trip reports and other random stuff and am looking for suggestions to get me started as I'm pretty clueless about it. Just looking for something simple (either free or inexpensive) where I can easily add pictures, text, apply some simple formatting, has some sort of table of contents with links to different trip reports, etc. Are there good sites with templates for this sort of thing?

Angus A.
(mangus7175) - F

Locale: http://theshadedtrail.blogspot.com
RE: Sites to post trip reports? on 04/13/2012 12:38:25 MDT Print View

Have you tried creating a blog? It's painless and fairly easy.

EDIT: Try blogspot or wordpress.

Edited by mangus7175 on 04/13/2012 12:39:09 MDT.

Chris S
(csteutterman) - F

Re: RE: Sites to post trip reports? on 04/13/2012 12:55:29 MDT Print View

Thanks Angus. I just checked out WordPress and I think it might be exactly what I'm looking for. I'll have to look at it in more detail later and check out Blogspot as well.

Paul Wagner
(balzaccom) - F

Locale: Wine Country
Google sites on 04/13/2012 15:24:52 MDT Print View

You could also look at our site: backpackthesierra.com

It's built on Google sites, and allows for a lot more organized presentation of information and materials than a simply blog

Chris S
(csteutterman) - F

Re: Google sites on 04/13/2012 17:15:15 MDT Print View

Thanks Paul. I just checked that out and it was pretty easy, especially since I already have a google account.

I like your site as well. I've viewed it several times after finding it when searching for early season trips in the sierra.

Jacob D
(JacobD) - F

Locale: North Bay
How about BPL on 04/18/2012 14:58:51 MDT Print View

Well, it's a good reason to lobby the good folks behind BPL to upgrade to a modern forum software anyway. Adding photos and what not is pretty simple stuff on vBulletin or Powerboard based forums... even the freeware such as phpBB supports this type of thing.

There are already quite a few good trip reports here, it would be nice to see it grow even further.

Just my $.02