Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Multi-tool (lightweight)
Display Avatars Sort By:
Simon Wurster
(Einstein) - F

Locale: Big Apple
Re: Multi-tool (lightweight) on 04/14/2012 08:00:11 MDT Print View

I used the Style, the Squirt P4, the Style CS, and now use the new Style PS < http://www.leatherman.com/product/Style_PS>. Note that it has no blade; the hope is this tool will get approved by the TSA for carry-on use.

As Mary said, I use it as my pot gripper, saving an ounce off my pack. But the big bonus is I can open and close the scissors with one hand! As the tool I use the most, this is important to me, since I've always used an assisted opening knife for all of my cutting tasks.

Edited by Einstein on 04/14/2012 08:01:34 MDT.

Dan Rimar
(tarpon6)

Locale: Florida
Squirt PS4 on 04/15/2012 07:46:20 MDT Print View

Just a couple notes.. I've been carying the Squirt PS4 every day both in real life and on day hikes. It really comes in handy. I like the ergonomics. The pliers are on the inside, all of the edges are nicely rounded so they are comfortable to use. All other tools, including the sissors, are accessed from the outside- no need to open it to get at anything except the pliers.

I have the new model with both pliers and sissors. It weighs exactly 2 oz. on both of my scales. The new model is not held together by easy to remove allen screws- the screws are rounded and smooth and would not be easy to remove.

Keep in mind the OP needs a tool with pliers, some of you are posting tools that have sissors instaed of pliers.

Colin Krusor
(ckrusor) - M

Locale: Northwest US
PS4 on 04/15/2012 11:34:53 MDT Print View

Dan, it's disappointing to hear that the new PS4 has screws that are not easily removable. That was one of the great things about the older model, I thought. I wonder why they made that change. It seems to me that customizability would be a good marketing angle.

I guess you could still use a dremel to notch the screws and remove them with a flathead screwdriver, then replace them with allen screws, but that is a hassle and many people don't have the tools or the time for that. This seems like a missed opportunity for Leatherman.