November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Sleep pad for side sleepers.
Display Avatars Sort By:
James Marco
(jamesdmarco) - MLife

Locale: Finger Lakes
Re: Re: Klymit? on 11/26/2012 05:00:32 MST Print View

"I'm intrigued by the Klymit Inertia pads. Anyone ever use them with a quilt?"
Yeah, they do not work too well for quilts unless it is very hot and you need the ventilation. As was said, they are really designed for sleeping bags.

I toss&turn a lot at night and found them to be less usefull than I thought. I took one on a 5 day outing, assuming I would get used to it...didn't happen. One night it was fine, I kicked up a bunch of leaves under it. I stuck my Sitlite pad under my hips and was comfortable. In lean-to's it didn't quite provide enough padding... I tried it inside and got my foot through one of the holes. On another night, it was outside and I half rolled off of it a couple times. I was hoping, because I like the idea that it would work well to keep me warmer than a pad for about the same weight.

Liz Fallin
(fallin) - M
Neo again on 11/26/2012 16:30:18 MST Print View

NeoAir + Exped air pillow FTW. I can now go backpacking again. And if that's not a rave review, I don't know what is :-)

Bob Salcedo
(Baughb) - F

Locale: So Cal.
Side Sleeper... on 12/05/2012 12:03:27 MST Print View

Exped UL7 and whatever is handy for a pillow.

I toss and turn and so I awake a few times a night to re-adjust my quilt and tuck myself back in. But I really enjoy using this pad. I have 2 other Exped pads for car camping.

)p.s. Thanks for letting us post!!)

Edited by Baughb on 12/05/2012 12:11:17 MST.

Stephen Barber
(grampa) - MLife

Locale: SoCal
re: Sleep pad for side sleepers on 12/05/2012 13:42:55 MST Print View

"Exped UL7 and whatever is handy for a pillow."

I'm with Bob on this one. As an old geezer and side sleeper, my Exped UL7 is as close to ideal as I expect ever to get. Almost as good as my own mattress at home!