Forum Index » GEAR » Sleep pad for side sleepers.

Display Avatars Sort By:
James Marco
(jamesdmarco) - MLife

Locale: Finger Lakes
Re: Re: Klymit? on 11/26/2012 05:00:32 MST Print View

"I'm intrigued by the Klymit Inertia pads. Anyone ever use them with a quilt?"
Yeah, they do not work too well for quilts unless it is very hot and you need the ventilation. As was said, they are really designed for sleeping bags.

I toss&turn a lot at night and found them to be less usefull than I thought. I took one on a 5 day outing, assuming I would get used to it...didn't happen. One night it was fine, I kicked up a bunch of leaves under it. I stuck my Sitlite pad under my hips and was comfortable. In lean-to's it didn't quite provide enough padding... I tried it inside and got my foot through one of the holes. On another night, it was outside and I half rolled off of it a couple times. I was hoping, because I like the idea that it would work well to keep me warmer than a pad for about the same weight.

Liz Fallin
(fallin) - M
Neo again on 11/26/2012 16:30:18 MST Print View

NeoAir + Exped air pillow FTW. I can now go backpacking again. And if that's not a rave review, I don't know what is :-)

Bob Salcedo
(Baughb) - F

Locale: So Cal.
Side Sleeper... on 12/05/2012 12:03:27 MST Print View

Exped UL7 and whatever is handy for a pillow.

I toss and turn and so I awake a few times a night to re-adjust my quilt and tuck myself back in. But I really enjoy using this pad. I have 2 other Exped pads for car camping.

Bob

)p.s. Thanks for letting us post!!)

Edited by Baughb on 12/05/2012 12:11:17 MST.

Stephen Barber
(grampa) - MLife

Locale: SoCal
re: Sleep pad for side sleepers on 12/05/2012 13:42:55 MST Print View

"Exped UL7 and whatever is handy for a pillow."

I'm with Bob on this one. As an old geezer and side sleeper, my Exped UL7 is as close to ideal as I expect ever to get. Almost as good as my own mattress at home!