Forum Index » GEAR » Pillow Talk

Display Avatars Sort By:
Michael Levine
(Trout) - F

Locale: Long Beach
Pillow Talk on 04/03/2012 14:19:24 MDT Print View

In short: Looking for dual chambered flex air source, and comments on the HMG cuben stuff sack pillow.

Has anyone found a source for the Flex Air dual chambered pillows since BPL stopped carrying them? I searched and searched last year to no avail (single is hard to find, dual wasn't happening for me). I'm in the market for a new pillow again (I found the kooka bay, single chamber air flex, and the clelland zip locks in stuff sacks to suck).

Now I'm hoping to find the dual chambered flex air pillows if anyone can help. If not I'm thinking of going with the HMG stuff sack pillow, http://www.hyperlitemountaingear.com/cuben-stuff-sack-pillow.html if anyone has one and would like to comment.

Thanks

Keith Bassett
(keith_bassett)

Locale: Pacific NW
Re: Pillow Talk on 04/03/2012 15:00:45 MDT Print View

Graham Professional FlexAir Disposable Inflatable Pillow - AllMed

Edited. This is a single chamber version. Now you have me wondering.

Stupid medical site with its misleading photo. :)

Edited by keith_bassett on 04/03/2012 15:03:55 MDT.

Kier Selinsky
(Kieran) - F

Locale: Seattle, WA
Re: Re: Pillow Talk on 04/03/2012 15:20:12 MDT Print View

I found the dual chambers, sold in 50/packs for $60. But... you gotta be a business and order a minimum of $200 or they charge $50 shipping!

Don Amundson
(amrowinc) - M

Locale: Southern California
Pillow Talk on 04/03/2012 15:21:37 MDT Print View

All Med claims they are going to correct their listing. According to them Graham no longer makes the dual chamber, only the small and large versions. The guy I talked to on the phone put me on hold while he supposedly called Graham so I think the info is accurate.

Kier Selinsky
(Kieran) - F

Locale: Seattle, WA
Re: Pillow Talk on 04/03/2012 15:26:26 MDT Print View

Yeah, I found the Graham site. They sell direct in 50 packs for $50. But it doesn't indicate single or dual chamber.

...this might be an area for Quick Mick to dabble in :)

Michael Levine
(Trout) - F

Locale: Long Beach
Pillow Talk on 04/03/2012 15:51:06 MDT Print View

Yeah it does seem fairly straight forward DIY to change single to double, but I know zilch about it. I do know I'd happily pay $20 for 10 pillows though.

Chad Poindexter
(Stick) - F

Locale: Wet & Humid Southeast....
Mod on 04/03/2012 16:31:51 MDT Print View

I have heard that simply folding the pillow over in half and using an iron across it will create a seal and turn it into a dual chamber pillow. I have not done this yet but I am going to give it a try sometime. Here is a thread in which someone did this and posted a pillow that they sealed this way:

http://forums.backpacker.com/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=832107219;t=9991156013;st=30