Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Campsaver 20% Off until 4/15
Display Avatars Sort By:
Stephan Doyle
(StephanCal)
Campsaver 20% Off until 4/15 on 04/02/2012 14:24:12 MDT Print View

Campsaver's answer to REI.

Use code SPRING-2947.

Good on regular price items. Excludes MontBell, MSR, Marmot, Rab, Granite Gear, Thermarest, Platypus, Arc'Teryx, Patagonia, Black Diamond.

Stephen Barber
(grampa) - MLife

Locale: SoCal
IOW on 04/02/2012 15:20:00 MDT Print View

In other words, most of the brands we'd actually want to buy are not included in the sale?

P S
(xeren) - F

Locale: Southern California
ha on 04/02/2012 17:28:50 MDT Print View

ha, i would have purchased something from campsaver for the first time (and possibly become a repeat customer) had they not blocked montbell sales with the coupon. oh well, i guess i'll just continue to frequent REI and backcountry.com...

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Campsaver 20% on 04/02/2012 17:53:43 MDT Print View

Edited by kthompson on 04/02/2012 21:38:31 MDT.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: IOW - Campsaver on 04/02/2012 17:57:16 MDT Print View

Campsaver is one of the few places that actually had the Exped down mat ULs in stock last time I checked, 20 percent off one of those would be cool for anyone who wants one.

Ted E
(Mtn_nut) - MLife

Locale: Morrison, CO
Re: Re: IOW - Campsaver on 04/02/2012 19:12:34 MDT Print View

REI has exped's downmat UL. They don't have them on their website, but i know that the denver flagship has them in stock

campsaver also carries salewa footwear with a lot instock

William Brown
(MatthewBrown) - F

Locale: Blue Ridge Mtns
Re: ha on 04/02/2012 19:45:34 MDT Print View

"ha, i would have purchased something from campsaver for the first time (and possibly become a repeat customer) had they not blocked montbell sales with the coupon. oh well, i guess i'll just continue to frequent REI and backcountry.com..."

Are you sure it's not Montbell requiring Campsaver to block it?

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Re: Re: IOW - Campsaver on 04/02/2012 19:53:53 MDT Print View

"REI has exped's downmat UL."

Cool, I'll have to check my local store. I called a few weeks ago and they didn't have it, have only checked the website since. Didn't realize they have stuff in store that's not on the website!

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: Re: ha on 04/02/2012 20:39:44 MDT Print View

William is correct. I know that MSR, Montbell, and Granite Gear indicates to the vendor when their items can go on sale. It isn't up to Campsaver.

Campsaver is one of the best vendors out there, IMHO.

Nathan Watts
(7sport) - MLife
Re: IOW on 04/02/2012 21:28:03 MDT Print View

"In other words, most of the brands we'd actually want to buy are not included in the sale?"

Picked myself up some Inov8 F-Lite 195s to try for $91, which looks like a good deal (comparatively speaking). Guess nobody here likes that brand? Actually you did say "most" brands, so I will agree with you to some extent. Still some good stuff available though.

Edited by 7sport on 04/02/2012 22:05:06 MDT.

P S
(xeren) - F

Locale: Southern California
nope on 04/02/2012 23:00:42 MDT Print View

"Are you sure it's not Montbell requiring Campsaver to block it?"

not sure at all, but i've seen plenty of montbell stuff on sale, so it's not like their stuff is never discounted.

i'm in no hurry, i won't need the item until this summer, so i'll just wait

Tommy Franzen
(Tomlike) - F

Locale: Pacific Wonderland
Exofficio on 04/03/2012 12:24:32 MDT Print View

Picked up a pair of heavenly Give-N-Go boxer briefs, so basically free shipping with the 20% code