You stink, Nalgene!
Display Avatars Sort By:
Dave T
(DaveT) - F
unstable on 04/30/2012 16:33:50 MDT Print View

I for one am glad Greg P. is back.

I especially missed how we would threaten to physically assault people that disagreed with him about a $10 bottle replacement.

I missed that.

And now he's back so I don't have to miss it any longer.

Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
Re: unstable on 04/30/2012 16:47:25 MDT Print View

Tut, tut, Dave; if you feed the trolls, they become habituated and we all know where that leads...... ;0)

Rakesh Malik
(Tamerlin)

Locale: Cascadia
Re: unstable on 04/30/2012 17:23:07 MDT Print View

"I especially missed how we would threaten to physically assault people that disagreed with him about a $10 bottle replacement."

Wow, I missed the real fireworks, eh?

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: unsettled on 04/30/2012 18:02:11 MDT Print View

Welcome back!

I am curious though. Did you ever get a response from Nalgene? Did you try contacting them through the email link on the site yet?

Edited by kthompson on 04/30/2012 18:29:51 MDT.

Ken K
(TheFatBoy) - F

Locale: St. Louis
So what's the problem with BPA, anyway? on 04/30/2012 21:24:18 MDT Print View

I don't get it, folks, I've been using BPA-laced bottles for years, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with my momma was a Gay Jewish black man sweet baby back Louisville bell-bottoms abstract reality... ABSTRACT REALITY!!!! STOP! TOUCHING! MY! GOPHER!!! Shhhh....

Gregory Petliski
(gregpphoto) - F
re on 04/30/2012 22:13:17 MDT Print View

"I especially missed how we would threaten to physically assault people that disagreed with him about a $10 bottle replacement."

Ohh, eh oh, you talkin to me? Are you talking to me? Theres no one else here.. Do I amuse you, like a clown? How am I funny?

Hell yea man, I don't mind getting into a scrap. Its not about the $10 water bottle, its about wiping the indignant smirk off the faces of people like you. So what if my response is cave man? Were animals bro. If I wanna kick your butt I'm gonna do it unless you stop me, or on the account of being a wimp, call the cops. Thats how governments operate, why can't people? Im not suggesting we kill each other over minor quarrels but a lil fisticuffs is good for a man.

Scott Simcox
(Simco) - F

Locale: Nashville
Re: re on 04/30/2012 22:16:41 MDT Print View

You're not going to fight anyone.

Gregory Petliski
(gregpphoto) - F
re on 04/30/2012 22:18:44 MDT Print View

"You're not going to fight anyone."

Youre right, because I live in New Jersey and I don't think the people I would like to punch on here do. So yea, bummer :(

Lyan Jordan
(redmonk)

Locale: Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
You stink, Nalgene! on 04/30/2012 22:22:54 MDT Print View

Ha ha ha

Oh haw, Internet tuff guy.

Ha ha ha.

I bet that your letter is getting passed around, and the first person who takes it seriously has to deal with your case.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: You stink, Nalgene! on 04/30/2012 22:30:46 MDT Print View

OK, someone is obviously going to have to fight this guy.

Pistols or sabers?

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: You stink, Nalgene! on 04/30/2012 22:33:06 MDT Print View

Hmm. I have a brother in Jersey. Another reason to visit. I'll bring some bottles for you.

byl

Violence is the answer found easily by the immature mind. But so is this.

Edited by kthompson on 04/30/2012 22:38:31 MDT.

Rakesh Malik
(Tamerlin)

Re: re on 04/30/2012 22:44:05 MDT Print View

"Youre right, because I live in New Jersey and I don't think the people I would like to punch on here do. So yea, bummer :("

Too bad. I could use a bit of practice with someone who isn't one of my students.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: Re: re on 04/30/2012 22:44:44 MDT Print View

Road trip!

David Thomas
(DavidinKenai) - MLife

Locale: North Woods. Far North.
Re: Re: You stink, Nalgene! on 04/30/2012 22:45:17 MDT Print View

>"Pistols or sabers?"

Squirt guns loaded with pure, liquid BPA at 10 paces.

Gregory Petliski
(gregpphoto) - F
re on 04/30/2012 23:25:48 MDT Print View

"OK, someone is obviously going to have to fight this guy.

Pistols or sabers?"

Sabres, clearly, as thats much more honorable and manly. Or the super soakers with BPA is cool too.

"Too bad. I could use a bit of practice with someone who isn't one of my students."

Not for nothing, but you can't account for streets. You might have training, but I might have a motorcycle chain! hahaha

Edited by gregpphoto on 04/30/2012 23:28:09 MDT.

Rakesh Malik
(Tamerlin)

Re: re on 04/30/2012 23:30:19 MDT Print View

"Not for nothing, but you can't account for streets. You might have training, but I might have a motorcycle chain! hahaha"

Good luck with that...

Erik Basil
(EBasil) - M

Locale: Atzlan
Hey, wait... on 05/01/2012 07:37:16 MDT Print View

So, uh, my OG, translucent white Nalgenes with the big screw top aren't BPA-laden because they pre-date the deadly products that were recalled selectively for those not in New Jersey?

Not bad. My collection of Nalgenes includes the old, never-die whitish ones that have been frozen, dropped, dipped, and hauled all over and a few of the candy-colored translucents with BSA logos on them (but that came with no-BPA stickers). Now, I can feel good about using the old ones at summer camp again.

Right after I douse myself with Jungle Juice.

--Don't worry about internet jihadi with "motorcycle chains". It's an ultralighter site: probably a light nylon chain, anyway. One blast from Hiker Jim's latest manipulation of illicit gas canisters onto Fisher Price camp stove heads and he'll melt like a witch under water. --

Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
I'm on 05/01/2012 18:25:55 MDT Print View

ROTFL. Too freakin' much.

Lee Fitler
(tdilf) - F
Any moderaters out there? on 05/01/2012 20:21:26 MDT Print View

Time to close this thread... please.

Rakesh Malik
(Tamerlin)

Re: Hey, wait... on 05/02/2012 00:22:06 MDT Print View

"--Don't worry about internet jihadi with "motorcycle chains". It's an ultralighter site: probably a light nylon chain, anyway. One blast from Hiker Jim's latest manipulation of illicit gas canisters onto Fisher Price camp stove heads and he'll melt like a witch under water. --"

Worry? I'm just bummed that I won't get a chance to get some practice time in with someone I don't have to hold back with. I have to admit though, I'd rather get my hands on a congressthing.

(With their "ethics" they don't qualify as life, let alone as humans.)