Forum Index » GEAR » You stink, Nalgene!

Display Avatars Sort By:
Lyan Jordan
(redmonk)

Locale: Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
You stink, Nalgene! on 04/01/2012 17:20:28 MDT Print View

Nice tantrum ! Really laid it down.

Nalgene will probably send you a replacement bottle, they are just a large company and it takes time.

Plus, they are probably geared to helping people via phone, or email, and aren't sure what to do with a letter.

Might as well have sent them a telegraph.

Give them 6-8 months and then try email or the phone.

Edited by redmonk on 04/01/2012 17:21:18 MDT.

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
"You stink, Nalgene!" on 04/01/2012 17:41:55 MDT Print View

April fools

?

Jon Leibowitz
(jleeb) - F - MLife

Locale: 4Corners
Re: re on 04/01/2012 17:44:19 MDT Print View

Greg, the cash register receipt is actually our highest exposure to BPA and it enters your body directly through your skin. Handling receipts on a daily basis is way worse for your health than drinking a BPA lined nalgene.

edit: woah, just read this whole thing. Holy temper tantrum!

Edited by jleeb on 04/01/2012 17:47:34 MDT.

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
hiking partners on 04/01/2012 17:53:39 MDT Print View

"These threads are great for weeding out who and who not to hike with. And your comparison with a car is not really valid. We are talking about a cheap plastic container, not a complex mechanical device designed for moving people. You are unreasonable."

Ken,

On another thread a few weeks back, I did a "note to self" not to hike with Mr. Pelitski. My thoughts on the matter have not changed.

Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
Re: re on 04/01/2012 18:17:48 MDT Print View

"So the consensus here is that Im being a cry baby, is that it? Would love to give you all something to cry about if I ever got my hands on ya (or for Will, something to giggle about).

::wait for it:: here comes the snooty Connecticut ultra-lite yuppies snickering "oh so immature, snort snort"

From the same characters who also told me no one wants to pick up other peoples garbage cuz its too much for them to carry!

deleted
-------

You need to change your brand of beer, man, cuz whatever you're drinkin' right now is causing your synapses to fire in seriously erratic patterns.

Edited by rcaffin on 04/01/2012 21:59:36 MDT.

Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
Re: hiking partners on 04/01/2012 18:19:15 MDT Print View

"On another thread a few weeks back, I did a "note to self" not to hike with Mr. Pelitski. My thoughts on the matter have not changed."

It required a note? ;0)

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: Nalgene I love you. on 04/01/2012 18:28:48 MDT Print View

Ken

We have Minors reading these Forum channels. Please watch your language.

Roger Caffin
Online Community Monitor
Backpacking Light

Edited by rcaffin on 04/01/2012 21:56:49 MDT.

David Goodyear
(dmgoody) - MLife

Locale: mid-west
Nalgene death on 04/01/2012 18:36:41 MDT Print View

In my lifetime I have survived attacks from four artificial sweeteners, red dye No2, a predicted ice age and global warming (is it here yet?)and now I'm going to die a slow death from my beloved Nalgene.

Bummer dude

Dave

Steven Hanlon
(asciibaron) - F

Locale: Mid Atlantic
wow on 04/01/2012 18:37:55 MDT Print View

BPA hysteria aside, i love that a product that served well for years all the sudden is the debel and needs replacing post haste. i have yet to see a study that proves BPA exposure from a water bottle is harmful. look at our food, but the plastic bottle is dangerous, wow.

April Fools, right?

John Nausieda
(Meander) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Re: Nalgene I love you. on 04/01/2012 18:41:07 MDT Print View

Well, he can always recycle it as a pee or rather p.o.'d bottle.But the damage may already be done. By the way Ken , that would be singing Nalgene to the tune of "Wild Thing" by the Troggs? And not the PC version "Mild Thing" from the 90's?

Tim Zen
(asdzxc57) - F

Locale: MI
Re: You stink, Nalgene! on 04/01/2012 18:44:09 MDT Print View

I think if you look at the BPA issue it was raised long before 2006. You could have bought the HDPE version in 2006. I think this the bottle that got Nalgene out of the lab and onto the trail. Gotta love old school.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: hiking partners on 04/01/2012 18:45:09 MDT Print View

I'll hike with you Dave. This should be moved to Chaff. There did it for you.

And there is no clear HDPE. It's white like a milk jug.

http://store.nalgene.com/product-p/32%20ounce%20ultralite%20wide%20mouth.htm

Edited by kthompson on 04/01/2012 19:09:35 MDT.

Adam Barnhart
(abarnhart)

Locale: SW MT
Cheaper than a cardiologist on 04/01/2012 19:28:09 MDT Print View

I'd go ahead and recycle those puppies. Spend the $10 on a new couple of bottles. Fill them with water from one of your favorite streams and think peaceful thoughts.

I'm completely behind companies taking care of their customers. But, don't think $10 is worth anywhere this amount of fuss or stress.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Cheaper than a cardiologist on 04/01/2012 20:47:10 MDT Print View

Buy a water bottle or juice bottle for $1. Drink contents. Now you have water bottle.

K C
(KalebC) - F

Locale: South West
Oh my, the content of BPL is spiraling down the drain on 04/01/2012 20:59:54 MDT Print View

Who uses Nalgene bottles backpacking? I hope not you. It seems like my $25 membership is only worth about $2.99 as I read the content of this site. Too many rookies clashed with people that find it easy to judge others behind their keyboard.

Doug Smith
(Jedi5150) - F - M

Locale: Central CA
Wow on 04/01/2012 21:02:55 MDT Print View

This thread is amazing. I'm really hoping it's an April fools joke. To go from ranting about a $5 dollar bottle that you've used for years to saying you want to throw bottles full of concrete at people's faces is not a rational mind. This guy seriously needs help.

I think somewhere around here I have an appropriate picture for this thread...yep, here it is:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Tom Beno
(KillerB) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
A thread like this can earn a guy a trail name on 04/01/2012 21:18:58 MDT Print View

Whining, expecting something for nothing, taking no personal responsibility, then spewing a shotgun blast of threats and insults.

Superb.

I dub thee Wanker.

Edited by KillerB on 04/01/2012 21:23:48 MDT.

Daniel Goldenberg
(dag4643) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwet
Re: You stink, Nalgene! on 04/01/2012 21:34:34 MDT Print View

Confucius say,

He who fill nalgene bottle with cement and throw at face have no pee bottle.

Everett Vinzant
(wn7ant) - MLife

Locale: CDT
Re: re on 04/01/2012 21:36:09 MDT Print View

Just to pour gasoline on this...

To correct your analogy, you want to be around after cars have been recalled, someone didn't get it fixed, and now wants something done about it.

Example:
Let's say Ford recalls a car in 1978. Let's say for the sake of this argument it's called a Pinto. Let's say you just found out about the recall today (April 1 2012), and own a Pinto.

Do you really believe that Ford owes you a new car?

Really?

I mean you REALLY believe that Ford owes you something at this point?

Warren Greer
(WarrenGreer) - F

Locale: SoCal
^^^^^^^^^ on 04/01/2012 21:36:22 MDT Print View

I agree. What a waste of time and energy. And BPL at its worst. Too bad its not April Fools.