Forum Index » Gear Deals » New: TSS Titanium Field Scapel: Self Sharpening UL Blade: Pre-order price.

Display Avatars Sort By:
Marc Loomis
(th12t33n)
Im In on 03/30/2013 00:13:05 MDT Print View

Hey Javan its marcus, And like i said in Emails you can count me in for 4 of the ti scalpels. If anyone else would like to as i noticed a few wanted to take a shot, id suggest you get your order in now!

**edited i actually need 4 now**

Edited by th12t33n on 04/12/2013 23:22:40 MDT.

William Roddey
(DraicKin) - F

Locale: Southeast
I'm interested on 03/30/2013 11:36:57 MDT Print View

I just sent you an email stating interest in purchasing one of these.

Javan Dempsey
(jdempsey)

Locale: The-Stateless-Society
Re: I'm interested on 03/30/2013 14:26:05 MDT Print View

Cool well, looks like there's plenty of interest to justify a run of these this time around.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Andy Anderson
(ianders) - F

Locale: Southeast
Re: Re: I'm interested on 03/30/2013 17:35:16 MDT Print View

Javan,

What kind of gear are you making these days?

Javan Dempsey
(jdempsey)

Re: Re: Re: I'm interested on 03/30/2013 17:43:47 MDT Print View

Mostly damascus, and custom knives, various jigs and tools. I'm pretty heavy into smithing and general machining and fab work.

Sitting at the sewing machine was fun and all, but uh, gets old. I like playing with the big boy toys. ;)

Marc Eldridge
(meld) - MLife

Locale: The here and now.
Re: New: TSS Titanium Field Scapel: Self Sharpening UL Blade: Pre-order price on 03/30/2013 19:40:48 MDT Print View

Bought one of your quilts from Eugene Smith and really like it. Nice workmanship. I would be interested in one of these scapels also.
Thanks.

Javan Dempsey
(jdempsey)

Re: Re: New: TSS Titanium Field Scapel: Self Sharpening UL Blade: Pre-order price on 03/31/2013 20:50:04 MDT Print View

Thanks all, looks like we've got plenty of interest this time around to justify a run.

I'll work up a CAD this week and see about getting the waterjetters cutting the blanks. I'll still be grinding, carbidizing, finishing, wrapping, and sheathing these by hand, but not having to cut and mill each one will make the process a lot faster.

I'll update when I have news.

Javan Dempsey
(jdempsey)

Re: Re: Re: New: TSS Titanium Field Scapel: Self Sharpening UL Blade: Pre-order price on 05/03/2013 19:15:41 MDT Print View

Hey all, just wanted to update:

I haven't dropped the ball on these, but I'm really busy getting ready for Blade Show in ATL at the end of the month, trying to finish some knife projects so I'll at-least have something to show off to my friends, even though I wont have a table.

Once that's over with, I'll focus all my efforts on getting these scapels ready.

Sorry for the delays, but progressing my skills as a bladesmith and steel maker, is my primary focus for the foreseeable future.

Landon Schrock
(lschrock) - F - M

Locale: The plain states
I'll take one on 05/07/2013 23:36:39 MDT Print View

Whenever they're done, count me in!

Javan Dempsey
(jdempsey)

Re: Re: Re: Re: New: TSS Titanium Field Scapel: Self Sharpening UL Blade: Pre-order price on 09/22/2013 13:34:01 MDT Print View

Finally getting around to these. Made up a small batch last night, making more all week.

Final price is $100 shipped, for the cord wrapped, sheathed version. I'll try to get in touch with everybody that asked for one, and if I have any extras, I'll post here.

Edward Zwibel
(YetiEddie) - MLife

Locale: Sunny San Diego
In Line on 09/23/2013 20:43:07 MDT Print View

I missed out on your quilts, and I'll be damned if I miss the boat on this also. Throw me in for one of the extras if you have them. If not, count me in line for a future batch edition.

Regards,

Ed

Javan Dempsey
(jdempsey)

Re: In Line on 09/23/2013 21:37:14 MDT Print View

Just to clarify, anybody that contacts me (in the next few days), and places an order, will get one of these. Otherwise, I'll make as many as I have materials for on hand, and if there are any extras I'll post here.

I have no idea if/when I'll do another run of these, so if you want one, contact me. I'm taking payment on these now, and payment will guarantee a Scapel. If I have enough interest to order more materials, and make more, that's fine, I'll honor existing orders, but this wont be an "in stock whenever you want it" item. That's not the way I work. Sowwie. ;)

PM or email javan.dempsey@gmail.com

I've emailed or PM'd anybody that contacted me directly previously. If you haven't heard from me, get in touch.