Forum Index » GEAR » Lost Gear in Uintas?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Re: Re: Easily verifiable on 05/19/2012 16:51:52 MDT Print View

> I am STILL waiting for an email from you or for you to set up your PM's on this site.
Troll.

Cheers

cole jones
(peakbagger1) - F
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You found my stuff!!! on 05/20/2012 09:53:27 MDT Print View

Yup should have left a note..... live and learn

Tommy Thompson
(wasser) - F

Locale: Northern CA
Rules are not meant to be broken on 05/20/2012 12:29:45 MDT Print View

Lesson not learned.

What you did was in violation of the rules of the National Forest. As Mary D posted earlier:

Prohibitions

2. Occupying, using, holding, reserving, camping or leaving any property in any general undeveloped area of National Forest Lands for more than fourteen (14) days in any thirty (30) day consecutive period. [36 CFR 261.58(a)]

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: Rules are not meant to be broken on 05/20/2012 12:41:43 MDT Print View

Cole, that has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read about in the backcountry. I am scratching my head in wonderment trying to figure out your logic. That or the fact that your posts are pure BS. By the way you should be thanking the gentleman for taking such concern in making sure the gear was taken care of and that he left notes letting YOU know where it is and how to find it. In California, things would have been a tad different. Ie, bye bye no gear. ALWAYS pack out your gear. I cannot believe this.

S Long
(Izeloz)

Locale: Wasatch
Re: Re: Re: Easily verifiable on 05/20/2012 12:42:42 MDT Print View

This is getting to be a bit of a joke. Cole, I left the note AND posted this thread to let whoever know that I found your gear, NOT to steal your stuff or anything like that. The camp had been up there for literally MONTHS and looked abandoned. I was concerned that something had happened and didn't want the gear (especially the tent) to get ruined in the elements. If I was going to steal the stuff I would have just taken it and not said a word. Yes, I would like to get it back to you. I'm not exactly sure how best to proceed. I will let you know what I figure out, but I DO want to return your gear. I have my own pile of gear and don't need anybody else's stuff and wouldn't want my stuff to end up with someone else.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Easily verifiable on 05/20/2012 12:45:14 MDT Print View

+1 above

cole jones
(peakbagger1) - F
Re: Re: Rules are not meant to be broken on 05/20/2012 22:26:18 MDT Print View

Considering that you are from communist California I will not take your insults to heart.

Doug Smith
(Jedi5150) - F - M

Locale: Central CA
Re: Re: Re: Rules are not meant to be broken on 05/20/2012 22:36:36 MDT Print View

"Considering that you are from communist California I will not take your insults to heart."

Troll is my guess as well. He's had ample time to continue posting on this thread, including uploading a photo for his profile, but he hasn't had the time to send an email to S Long, who has asked him to repeatedly so he can return his stuff?

He hasn't even provided a description of the missing items? In email or on this thread? It's definitely odd that the only person whose posts he can't reply to are the guy who has his stuff...

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re:Lost Gear in Uintas? on 05/20/2012 22:50:07 MDT Print View

Interesting that cole rhymes with troll. What are the chances?

@S turn that crap in and be done with it. Then they can fine him when he claims it. Up to 5K.

Edited by kthompson on 05/20/2012 22:52:37 MDT.

S Long
(Izeloz)

Locale: Wasatch
Re: Re:Lost Gear in Uintas? on 05/21/2012 11:13:25 MDT Print View

I have heard back from him and confirmed his identity. I will be returning his stuff.

Ben H.
(bzhayes) - F

Locale: So. California
Re: Re: Re:Lost Gear in Uintas? on 05/21/2012 12:21:02 MDT Print View

your a good patient man s long. I would have probably thrown the equipment in the trash after his first post. update this thread and let us know how this all worked out.

Ben F
(tekhna) - F
Re: Re: Re: Re:Lost Gear in Uintas? on 05/21/2012 12:57:14 MDT Print View

What a loser. Guy breaks the law, and then is p1ssed when someone does something incredibly considerate for him.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re:Lost Gear in Uintas? on 05/21/2012 12:58:32 MDT Print View

I have been called a commie! That's actually a compliment thanks!

Cole you're one angry tool. Good luck in the backcountry. Darwinism out there will work out for you

michael levi
(M.L) - F

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles
Re on 10/03/2012 01:55:01 MDT Print View

I seriously can not believe Cole Jones was legit, assuming he was.