Forum Index » Gear Swap » Spring Cleaning!! Tents, Sleeping Bag, Watches, Boots All must go

Display Avatars Sort By:
Lyan Jordan
(redmonk)

Locale: Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
Spring Cleaning!! Tents, Sleeping Bag, Watches, Boots All must go on 04/01/2012 12:53:02 MDT Print View

The people who buy and sell stuff on here aren't retarded, but the jury is still out on the people that need to play internet cop.

People who aren't retarded know if the item is something they want and if the price is fair to them.

Does the internet cop, in any way, benefit the perfectly capable people participating in gear swap ?

diego dean
(cfionthefly) - M
im ok with it on 04/01/2012 13:36:14 MDT Print View

Some of us dont live next to REI and cant get in on the good deals from their X returns. If this guy can scoop those items up and sell them at a lower cost than I can get that item even used anywhere else, Im all for it. If he makes a few bucks, I dont care, I just care that Im getting a good deal on something too that I dont usually have access too.

Martin Van Laarhoven
(vtrek)

Locale: NorthEast
X on 04/01/2012 13:40:51 MDT Print View

Wow, I have only joined BPL a month or so ago and this thread makes me wonder if I made the wrong choice. A few of you are making the rest of the members look very bad. Almost everybody on here knows a black "X" means returned equipment. I've even bought gear from EMS with a black X, it seems to be a standard practice. He was forthcoming about the "X" and was hiding nothing. Last I knew it was not against any law to resell something for a profit. As long as he describes the gear properly there is no reason to complain. Maybe those who have complained (I am resisting the temptation to incude their names here) have been out in the woods too long and forget that everything they own was sold to them for more than it cost the person who sold it to them. I'm tryinmg hard not to say "GET A LIFE" guys. (Darn I said it).

Jason Malone
(redwood22) - F

Locale: Santa Cruz/Scott's Valley CA
Please keep selling on 04/01/2012 14:35:49 MDT Print View

And you all quit complaining.

Ted E
(denver_whitest185) - MLife

Locale: CO
really... on 04/01/2012 14:38:01 MDT Print View

i've bought things through BPL that have had X's on them. they were priced right, and in great shape. if the guy was able to pick them up a little cheaper than what he sold them for, great for him. if he looses a little money, thats his decision. either way, its NOT your job to call him out for it.

i love the REI garage sales, and i always end up picking up something when i go, and if for some reason it doesn't fit or work like i might want it, i should have every right to try to resell it at whatever price seems fit. if you don't like that price, don't buy it. just because it has a little x on it doesn't mean its worth any less than one without.

if we really want to find something we all do not like, its the people who go into the garage sale with a basket or something, start putting everything in the basket that they can, and then sort though it later to see what they actually want. that's what burns me, but its impossible to avoid....