Missing in Gila Wilderness
Display Avatars Sort By:
Laurie Ann March
(Laurie_Ann) - F

Locale: Ontario, Canada
Missing in Gila Wilderness on 03/30/2012 05:03:30 MDT Print View

Micah True (for those of you familiar with Born to Run) is missing in the Gila Wilderness. He left for a trail run from Gila Wilderness Lodge and never came back. I'm posting a link to the article because I know some of my backpacking friends go to the area and maybe someone will see him. Can you please help spread the word?

Professional Runner Missing in Gila

Hopefully he will be found, safe and sound. This is a reality we all face when heading into wild areas.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Missing in Gila Wilderness on 03/30/2012 07:04:55 MDT Print View

Eugene already posted this a while back. Nevertheless best wishes for a safe/happy ending.

Terry Trimble
(socal-nomad) - F

Locale: North San Diego county
Missing in Gila Wilderness on 03/30/2012 09:23:36 MDT Print View

I wonder if he was doing a end out or circular trail run? 12 miles is short run ,It looks like to me he's injured bad{example heart attack } because he would have put up ground markings in a clearing with rocks or lumber for air crews to see were he's at.
Terry

Laurie Ann March
(Laurie_Ann) - F

Locale: Ontario, Canada
Re: Missing in Gila Wilderness on 03/30/2012 09:36:50 MDT Print View

Sorry for posting it again... I didn't realize it had been posted (to be honest I didn't even look). I was chatting with Ted McDonald this morning and I promised that I'd spread the word throughout the backpacking community.

He sounds like a pretty common-sensical kind of guy. Hopefully he's found and he's okay. Thinking positive thoughts.