Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Single Wall Wood Burner
Display Avatars Sort By:
Dan Yeruski
(zelph) - MLife

Locale: www.bplite.com
Single Wall Wood Burner on 03/28/2012 10:23:49 MDT Print View

I made this one to use wood pellets and twigs. It has a stainless steel wall protector in the fire box area. I added a stainless steel tube in the center for increased air intake for the pellets to be completely consumed, didn't want any biochar remaining.

I boiled 4 cups of water with one cup of pellets in about 13 min.

This photobucket video is only 10 min. in length:

<center>

</center>

This is a link to the full length youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI_e_Q2REqk

Dan Yeruski
(zelph) - MLife

Re: Single Wall Wood Burner on 03/29/2012 16:11:51 MDT Print View

This is my version of a poor mans BushBuddy aka Solo Stove. It's a single walled TLUD with plenty of woodgas being introduced into the upper holes that initiate secondary burn causing 100% fuel efficiency. Watch the video and look for the gas jets coming from the upper holes. All the benefits of a BB and Solo plus more fuel holding capacity.

Anyone out there making stoves that burn wood?

Robert Kelly
(QiWiz) - MLife

Locale: UL gear @ QiWiz.net
Stoves that burn wood on 03/29/2012 19:32:18 MDT Print View

"Anyone out there making stoves that burn wood?"

Yes; and collapsible; and UL; and with options depending on how you want to use it.
see QiWiz.net for info and video links.

Dan Yeruski
(zelph) - MLife

Re: Stoves that burn wood on 03/29/2012 20:32:35 MDT Print View

Those 5 piece stoves will drive you nuts trying to put them together after a hard day on the trail trying to make it to the nest shelter;)

Those stoves will get your hands filthy dirty 2 times. When you put it together and when you take it appart. Other than that they are just great. It looks like you did a nice design and came up with a sturdy stove once assembled.

Did I ever show you my one piece folding stove on youtube? It's amazing. Almost no soot adheres to the stainless steel 1/2" hardware cloth.